Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 01:57 PM

37 posts, read 173,367 times

Advertisements

We have been looking into the Summerdale subdivision in Fuquay VERY closely....we absolutely lovely the floorplans and "bang for your buck"....I mean 3400 sq ft for $265k (including every upgrade WE wanted).

Anyway, I got the idea from someone on this forum to call the local police dept and get some background info on the neighborhood. This is what was uncovered:

Coley- several wrecks, 4-burglaries, 1 traffic stop with arrest, 1 domestic with an arrest, one DWI with arrest
West- 11 arrests from traffic stops, 1 robbery, 1 assault, 2 damage to properties, 1 arrest with drug charges, 1 domestic, 1 larceny, and 7 serving of warrants with arrests
Bridge- 7 traffic stops with arrests, 1 serve warrant with arrest, 1 shots fired
Washington- 1 traffic stop with arrest
Southern- 1 serve warrant with arrest, 1 damage to property, and 1 burglary

These are the calls that required a report, we have other calls in these areas that are just simple type calls no reports required like talk with officer, dog complaint, unlock car, etc.

I am not sure what the timeframe for all these reports is unfortunately...but I believe it is only a year.

My question is this: Would you still buy a house in the subdivision???? We LOVE the houses but with one small child and another on the way we're not sure if this is going to be a safe move for our family.

I would LOVE people's input. To be fair, I have never personally tried to get the same type of information for the subd. that we live in now and I know this past summer there were some burglaries and a suicide in the neighborhood....that being said, we still feel that where we currently live is definitely safe and family friendly...so maybe I'm blowing this info. out of proportion.

Would love to know everyone's thoughts/opinions?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 03:09 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,856 times
Summerdale is definitely in a part of town that is still a little "rough" if you can call it that. However, crime in FV in general is pretty low and the population of FV is growing twice as fast as the wake county rate. That said, I would think it would be a good investment because it's a good price and the growth will most likely bring more positive change to that area in the future. The question is, can you see ahead of the trend and live with a slightly seedy surrounding area for a few years? Personally, I wouldn't be detered because I would know in a few years that area probably won't be recognizable and the houses are priced very well and are quite pretty. I also don't feel unsafe in that part of town and most crime is personal and not random. In any event, do you have a dog? That's as as good a crime deterrent as any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary