Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 01:07 PM

19,448 posts, read 27,884,744 times

Advertisements

Put up a polite request for help on their Facebook page. I got a response quickly and a very good result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 02:41 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,084,209 times
I agree - a bit of Social Media prodding got my rate reduced recently.

Not sure what promos are available now, but we have Digital cable, whole house DVR, a second set top box on the network, 15Mbps Internet, Phone and Voicemail - $100 plus tax.

You will need to contact them every 6-12 months as various promos expire. It's a contact sport :-)

While I'm not a fan of TW, my only gripe these days is the truly horrible DVR. I doubt that will ever change, as TW seems headed down the Network DVR path ...

Good luck

Frank

Old 08-19-2013, 02:53 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,715,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post

Not sure what promos are available now, but we have Digital cable, whole house DVR, a second set top box on the network, 15Mbps Internet, Phone and Voicemail - $100 plus tax.

You will need to contact them every 6-12 months as various promos expire. It's a contact sport :-)

While I'm not a fan of TW, my only gripe these days is the truly horrible DVR. I doubt that will ever change, as TW seems headed down the Network DVR path ...

Good luck

Frank
Remember, TWC hardware is terrible, but you can always buy an excellent piece of equipment like a TiVo to use with the service (and stop paying those TWC "rental" fees).

TiVo Premiere, Premiere 4, and XL4 DVR Product Features - TiVo

Want to view your tv no matter where you are? You can do it with DirectTV and Dish, but TWC doesn't let you. No worries, you can buy a Slingbox.

Slingbox.com - Slingbox Home

Old 08-19-2013, 02:58 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,956,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
Want to view your tv no matter where you are? You can do it with DirectTV and Dish, but TWC doesn't let you.
It's limited in content, but TWC does have a view anywhere offering.

TWCTV.com Now Includes On Demand and Live TV From Any Connection

Old 08-19-2013, 03:22 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,890,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post

Good luck

Frank
I'm glad you got a good deal, but what a crappy way for a company to do business and chase customers away who might have otherwise stayed without having to play the pricing games. We get some stations with an antenna that TWC doesn't even carry so I'm glad we cut the cable and I don't plan on going back.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:30 AM

121 posts, read 178,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyd980 View Post
I figured since I just went through this I'd let everyone know of another option. If you have a Twitter account, or make one, you can tweet to @TWC_Help and say something along the lines of "TWC has become too expensive and I can't afford it anymore, ready to cancel."

Since those tweets are public, TWC is a lot faster to respond to them. They'll ask you to message you the name and phone number on the account, and let you know they'll get back to you soon. I did this around noon, and by 8PM that night I had someone calling me from TWC to reduce the costs.
I have a Twitter account but haven't used it. Any suggestions for an idiot's guide to doing this? Do I just tweet and include "@TWC_Help" in the text?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:43 AM

24 posts, read 295,522 times
Default I just cancelled Cable and switched to Apple TV, Love it.

I got a Roku while I had cable, realized that I barley ever watch cable. The Roku was the only thing I would ever watch. Then Apple Tv opened up to HBO go, so I switched to Apple TV and just love it. I completely cancelled my time warner cable and am saving $150 per month. Apple TV is about $100, paid one time and can use it as much or as little as I want. Netflix is $8/mo, Hulu Plus is $8/mo, much better than $150/month.

Here is the kicker for me... After using these products I feel as though sitting and watching cable tv with its set schedules and heavy commercial time is simply an outdated concept to me now. I would much rather just press a button and watch what i want when I want than to conform my schedule around the network air time. Yes, I know, DVR, but that one DVR box cost as much as my entire monthly Netflix service.

I like the extra $1800 a year, maybe go on an extra vacation this year.

Cable is out.

The icing on the cake was when we tried to cancel with TW! They tried to talk us out of it for 10 minutes than finally said that we needed to go to another department to cancel, then we were on hold for 30 minute until we just gave up and hung up. We had to physically go to there office and take number, sit and wait for about 40 minutes JUST TO GIVE THEM BACK THERE BOXES! This is crazy, what is this 1972?!?! Anyway I am so glad to be off of that outdated system of entertainment...

Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C. View Post
I have a Twitter account but haven't used it. Any suggestions for an idiot's guide to doing this? Do I just tweet and include "@TWC_Help" in the text?
Use your Facebook account instead and post on their facebook page. Took less than 2 hours for them to call me at home and resolve my issues.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexthomp View Post
I got a Roku while I had cable, realized that I barley ever watch cable. The Roku was the only thing I would ever watch. Then Apple Tv opened up to HBO go, so I switched to Apple TV and just love it. I completely cancelled my time warner cable and am saving $150 per month. Apple TV is about $100, paid one time and can use it as much or as little as I want. Netflix is $8/mo, Hulu Plus is $8/mo, much better than $150/month.

Here is the kicker for me... After using these products I feel as though sitting and watching cable tv with its set schedules and heavy commercial time is simply an outdated concept to me now. I would much rather just press a button and watch what i want when I want than to conform my schedule around the network air time. Yes, I know, DVR, but that one DVR box cost as much as my entire monthly Netflix service.

I like the extra $1800 a year, maybe go on an extra vacation this year.

Cable is out.

The icing on the cake was when we tried to cancel with TW! They tried to talk us out of it for 10 minutes than finally said that we needed to go to another department to cancel, then we were on hold for 30 minute until we just gave up and hung up. We had to physically go to there office and take number, sit and wait for about 40 minutes JUST TO GIVE THEM BACK THERE BOXES! This is crazy, what is this 1972?!?! Anyway I am so glad to be off of that outdated system of entertainment...
How is HBO Go going to work when you cancel your HBO subscription? I don't think you'll be able to get it anymore, nor will you be able to access current stuff on HBO.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:29 AM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
How is HBO Go going to work when you cancel your HBO subscription? I don't think you'll be able to get it anymore, nor will you be able to access current stuff on HBO.
Yeah something is weird here. HBO Go requires that you have TV service on your plan. I tried googling for an answer to this and am not getting anywhere.

Quote:
Question:
How do I access HBO GO or MAX GO?

Answer:
You can access HBO GO or MAX GO content by the following steps:
  1. First, you will need to subscribe to HBO as part of your video package to view HBO GO and/or subscribe to Cinemax to view MAX GO content.
  2. Ensure your device meets the minimum requirements for accessing HBO GO and MAX GO.
How do I access HBO GO or MAX GO? | Time Warner Cable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary