Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 05:47 PM

312 posts, read 1,905,381 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm moving to Raleigh area from Florida. I'm interesting in getting myself a real estate license. From what I read is that there is no longer a "salesperson" license effectively after April 1st. It is now called "Broker" license. Now that's confusing to me. Perhaps you could tell me what's that all about?

Also, is getting a real estate license hard? Where is the best school that teach real estate?

One more question: How long it would take to make a living as a real estate salesperson? What was the average commission and yearly salary?

I'm curious because I wasn't sure if I want to be a US Postal Lady or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2006, 08:25 AM

Any ideas, anybody? <bump>

Old 04-09-2006, 09:46 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,866 times
You take the salesperson course now and will receive a provisional brokers license. You will have 3 years to take the Brokers Course and receive your brokers license. If you fail to finish the brokers course you will have your license taken away. The course was pretty intense, but I did pass it. I recommend the course through Coldwell Banker HPW. Good Luck to you.

Debbie

Old 04-09-2006, 03:30 PM

Thanks, DebbieF! (bump)

Old 09-27-2006, 11:27 AM

5 posts, read 25,500 times
Question I want to get my provisional brokers license in NC

DebbieF? Anyone who wants to comment,
Why would you recomend Coldwell Banker HPW? I really want to get my licensing, what can you tell me about the time that you spent while you had your provisional. what were you able to do? Why did you decide to go into Real Estate? Thank you for your time.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:08 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,211 times
If you look at the NC real estate commission website you can see all of the real estate schools in the state, as well as their pass rate for the courses. Most of them are comparable in price, the schools (hpw, jy monk) tend to have shorter times (usually around 5 weeks) than if you took it through the community college system. I took my courses at jy monk. They were fine, the class is hard (the provisional broker course), once you pass the course, then you have to pass the NC real estate exam. Once you pass the exam then you are a provisional broker and in order to be active, you must work at a firm, under a broker in charge. You have three years to turn your provisional license into a broker's license (another 5 week course, class exam, no state exam).

The real estate commission website does have some very good information.

Leigh

Old 10-22-2006, 04:38 PM

3 posts, read 22,134 times
Is it true that you have to have excellent credit to be a real estate salesperson or broker?

Old 10-22-2006, 04:46 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,837,161 times
No, but they do require a background check. I was only found for 3 murders and one bank robbery. Nothing major

Old 10-22-2006, 04:55 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
No, but they do require a background check. I was only found for 3 murders and one bank robbery. Nothing major
Ha! That's very funny! I think.

The NJ Real Estate Commission states that members of the administrative staff working in the R.E. office must be licensed in order to do certain tasks, such as creating promotional material, answering how much a property is listed for (even if the info is in the newspaper, the person answering that question must be licensed). Also, sitting at an open house, opening a property for another realtor, etc.

If a person wishes to work in an office staff capacity at a real estate office in NC, are they also required to be licensed? Thanks!

Old 10-22-2006, 05:37 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,837,161 times
No if your an assistant then you do not need to be a Licensed broker. You can't nego anything on any deal. You can list homes etc on MLS at the direction of your broker.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary