Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 10:44 AM

33 posts, read 51,548 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to relocate out of Maryland. However, my job will still allow me to tele-commute for them from NC. I don't want to get TOO far that the occasional drive becomes unbearable but someone had suggested looking into Zebulon. We have 3 boys and they're all in elementary school.
We were hoping to find a family friendly neighborhood and all the other good "usuals" everyone posts.

We've looked around Clayton and really liked Flowers Plantation. Thought the idea of having a club that offered lots of activities was nice. We looked at several other organized neighborhoods in that area and thought they were nice. We ran across one called the Creeks at Millstone that was nice as well.

We stayed at a hotel over near Garner and looked at some homes over there. Nice area as well just seemed a bit congested.

If someone could give some info on Zebulon or even suggest another area that would be good for families but also not too bad of a drive BACK to Maryland (it's approx 4 hours from Clayton, no biggie)
that would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 11:13 AM

379 posts, read 749,309 times
I don't know Zebulon at all, but Clayton is much more convenient. Clayton sounds perfect for you. I live in Flowers, and it's pretty wonderful here.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:21 AM

Perfect! Tell me about Flowers. What part do you live in? Do you have children? How's the club?

Old 01-15-2014, 12:03 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Zebulon can be quite a haul and (in my opinion, for I lived there as a kid) it's not particularly interesting.

I'm not a huge fan of Clayton, but I'd move there before I'd move to Zebulon. Just my 2 cents, of course.

Zebulon isn't a bad place to live if you want to find cheap land and some room between you and your neighbors, but it's not quite as convenient to Raleigh as Clayton is becoming.

If you wanted to be more in the direction of Zebulon, I'd try Knightdale. It is a bit closer to Raleigh, but it's still near Zebulon if you wanted to be out in that direction.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:55 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Zebulon is nice, and isolated. If you LOVE rural life Zebulon is for you.

We lived just east of Zebulon and for us it was good. If we had kids..NOT.
Flowers on the other hand is a family development. Close to downtown Clayton, near to Smithfield for the great movies, and shopping nearby.

Are the schools better in Knightdale? For awhile they were looking pretty rough.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:50 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,150 times
I personally would not relocate to Zebulon with 3 boys in elementary school. Clayton area would be much better. Much more to offer!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:02 PM

379 posts, read 749,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeAround View Post
Perfect! Tell me about Flowers. What part do you live in? Do you have children? How's the club?
I live in the north west part, and we are looking to move to the mid west part, specifically Walker Woods.

I don't have kids or belong to the club, so I can't comment on those. There are a ton of kids here, though.

The area itself is very quiet and extremely convenient for being so far out. We have just about everything you need here. I do wish we had a Thai or Indian restaurant, but it'll come in time.

There are other nice areas in Clayton, so be sure to look at others n'hoods besides Flowers

Old 01-16-2014, 06:45 AM

Thanks everyone! I've gotten a lot of PMs about Zebulon and it's shaping up to be maybe not the area for us. We really did like Clayton, just didn't want to put our eggs in one basket right off the bat. Flowers seemed really great in terms of everything being right there, esp. as transplants, until you get to know the area. We looked at a couple other areas like Riverwood and things like that. But it felt like we were always comparing things to Flowers.

Thanks again!

Old 02-10-2014, 08:14 PM

9 posts, read 22,580 times
We moved here in June from Michigan and looked at all of the areas you mentioned and decided on the Creeks at Millstone and love it here. We were set on flowers plantation (lennar Homes) until we found the creeks. We love the land space between homes and low association fees. We also have a few kids and there were too many restrictions in Flowers when it came to pools, trampolines and other backyard items. We have been in the creeks since Oct and love it. Riverwood is also close by and we have the option to join their cub. My mother just moved to the area as well and is purchasing a home in Zebulon which is also in a nice area but further away from the highway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary