Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 07:37 AM

13 posts, read 38,261 times

Advertisements

Not only will people drive an hour or two to visit Cabela's, there will be an RV Park built behind the store to handle the overnight shoppers. For those of you who think people will not drive from the Greensboro area to Cabela's....think again. I could care less about shopping in the store, but know a LOT of people chomping at the bit to visit. I have friends to go to Charlotte to IKEA. I have no interest in that store, either, but people who have different interests than I have, will travel that far. I used to travel to Archiver's at Triangle Town Center from Garner all the time and would have traveled to Greensboro for it in a heart beat. Don't underestimate the value people place on something that has no interest to you, personally.

I've started a petition to take to the Garner Council to get it on record that people in the Garner area are interested in a fabric store. Let's see where that takes us. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 09:06 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,032,221 times
I live less then 5 minutes from White Oak and am very excited about its future. Cabelas is a big draw if its like the Bass pro shops ive seen. Is it too crazy to wish for a Trader Joes in the future? My SO says jokingly" maybe Trapper Dan's". The area brings shoppers from SE Raleigh,Garner and Joco. With all the transplants living in Clayton it seems between the three there should be enough of their demographic to be successful. Love Carrabbas and Carolina Ale house as dining options for this area. Chain or not Carrabbas is d**n good cause they actually make the food there in the morning rather then being shipped in frozen. Off topic. Garner really needs some revitalization and maybe Cabelas is a start.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:05 AM

43 posts, read 51,166 times
I live near the one in Hamburg, PA. When it was built there was nothing but a couple of fast food restaurants near an interchange along I-78 and PA-61. Now there is a WalMart, Lowe's, car dealerships, more restaurants, shopping centers etc. etc. What was fields is now blacktop and malls.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:58 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,992,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy7 View Post
What was fields is now blacktop and malls.
Oh boy, more malls. We can dream!

Old 12-06-2014, 04:29 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,341,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy7 View Post
I live near the one in Hamburg, PA. When it was built there was nothing but a couple of fast food restaurants near an interchange along I-78 and PA-61. Now there is a WalMart, Lowe's, car dealerships, more restaurants, shopping centers etc. etc. What was fields is now blacktop and malls.
I remember when they built that store in Hamburg, I was living in Harrisburg at the time. That Cabela's is the largest retail store they have at 250,000 square feet, it's a massive store, and opened in September 2003. Most of the new Cabela's now are between 80,000 to 100,000 square feet. Both the Garner and Fort Mill, S.C. stores will be about the same size.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:15 AM

13 posts, read 38,261 times
My wishlist for White Oak:
JoAnn
Panera (drive thru)
Starbucks (drive thru)
Home Goods

Old 12-08-2014, 07:57 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,240,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Chain or not Carrabbas is d**n good cause they actually make the food there in the morning rather then being shipped in frozen. Off topic. Garner really needs some revitalization and maybe Cabelas is a start.
Dang! I have been in one Cabela's. Kansas City. I do not even remember seeing their restaurant. Looking forward to Cabela's opening in Garner. Mainly because of the potential "other" retail and restaurants that should follow!

Old 12-08-2014, 03:26 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,032,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Dang! I have been in one Cabela's. Kansas City. I do not even remember seeing their restaurant. Looking forward to Cabela's opening in Garner. Mainly because of the potential "other" retail and restaurants that should follow!
Carrabbas is an italian grille which is rumoured to be opening in the new development but not affiliated with Cabelas. I can see the confusion due to names. Makes it even a better fit.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:10 PM

43 posts, read 51,166 times
PA folks are nuts on hunting and fishing, and we are a very gun friendly state.
Lots of ranges, gun clubs and public land. But the winters will chase me in your direction in the spring, I am still undecided on the R-D area or Asheville. Heading down after the New Year to look around.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:19 AM

82 posts, read 176,276 times
Three new restaurants sign up at new Garner retail near Cabela?s - Triangle Business Journal

Three more restaurants officially announced for White Oak next to the Cabelas:

Five Guys
Longhorn Steakhouse
City Barbeque
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary