Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 11:57 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

Ok, this may be a bit off topic since it isn't in Raleigh but it is within driving distance. I was reading the independent weekly during lunch today and saw an announcement for an upcoming Bruce Show on April 28th at the Greensboro Coliseum. The Tickets go on sale this Friday at 10:00am.

Just an FYI for any hardcore fans out there!

Greensboro Coliseum Complex - War Memorial Auditorium, Special Events Center, Carlyle Club - Greensboro, North Carolina (http://www.greensborocoliseum.com/calendar_details.cfm?id=933 - broken link)

Oh yeah, Van halen is coming to Raleigh for a performance at the RBC center on March 7th. Tickets for that go on sale on Saturday.

RBC Center (http://www.rbccenter.com/events/upcomingevents.asp@event_id=284.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 04:12 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Ok, this may be a bit off topic since it isn't in Raleigh but it is within driving distance. I was reading the independent weekly during lunch today and saw an announcement for an upcoming Bruce Show on April 28th at the Greensboro Coliseum. The Tickets go on sale this Friday at 10:00am.

Just an FYI for any hardcore fans out there!

Greensboro Coliseum Complex - War Memorial Auditorium, Special Events Center, Carlyle Club - Greensboro, North Carolina (http://www.greensborocoliseum.com/calendar_details.cfm?id=933 - broken link)

Oh yeah, Van halen is coming to Raleigh for a performance at the RBC center on March 7th. Tickets for that go on sale on Saturday.

RBC Center (http://www.rbccenter.com/events/upcomingevents.asp@event_id=284.html - broken link)
It's really not that bad of a drive...and yeah, if we can get tickets, our family will be going. It will be our daughter's first Springstein show...her Dad is really excited to share this with her. He's been to something like 15 shows...a few 'before' it all...small bars up in Cleveland.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:33 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Never been much of a Bruce "Can'tSing"steen fan. Never saw what the attraction was with him! :-)

Old 12-05-2007, 04:40 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Never been much of a Bruce "Can'tSing"steen fan. Never saw what the attraction was with him! :-)
Well...it you are thinking it's his voice then I can understand why you don't see the attraction.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:01 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
I saw Van Halen in Greensboro 15th row and will try to get even better seats for the Raleigh show! Worth every penny!

Last edited by sacredgrooves; 12-05-2007 at 07:18 PM..

Old 12-05-2007, 08:17 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
The Boss! Born to Run which means he's hitting the road again on yet another tour! Greensboro is a nice drive west on Rt 40. Can be there in about an hour and 20 minutes unless your from the Bosses home state then you can be there in under an hour! Go BOSS!!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:43 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
If you can't make the Greensboro show, he'll be in Charlotte on April 27th at Bobcats Arena.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 PM

15 posts, read 54,359 times
I got the email on that from the Greensboro ticket office, and while I'm not a huge Springsteen fan, I thought about purchasing a couple tickets for some family members who love him. The drive isn't bad from Raleigh. I went to see Guns N' Roses there last November.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
A good restaurant I would recommend that is right off the I 40 exit just down the road from GSO coliseum is Daryls Restaurant & Bar. Besdies good food the decor of this place will keep your eyes entertained. daryls restaurant loc: Greensboro, NC - Google Maps

I also suggest if you can get there early in the late afternoon and enjoy downtown Greensboro it has some real cool shops and probably one of the best revitalized downtowns in this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary