Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:17 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,691,229 times

Advertisements

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/38.gif (broken link) May I have your Attention please:

This will now be home for all the off topic chattering that goes on in this forum . Everyone is welcome .
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/Discussion.gif (broken link)

It's up to you what you decide to chat about, but you must follow the TOS .

Cruisin' this forum one sees alot of light humour that is appropriate for a thread like this but is often not for the serious threads.
So I hope to see alot of this and not too much of this . But again it is up to you what you may feel like chatting about .

So grab your refreshments and snacks http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/munch.gif (broken link) and rock this thread with some chattering.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/cloud-waving.gif (broken link) And a Welcome to all the new members!

Just a shout out to our Search tool and our TOS.

And you can find the new thread icon http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/newthread.gif (broken link) located at the top left of forum pages .

Have fun http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/dancing2.gif (broken link).

Just a reminder: Advertising and Soliciting are against the TOS (terms of service) and not allowed in these forums.

Do not post copyrighted material.

*** Please be advised that anything you copy off the Internet is just that, copied. As anything that you did not create personally is most likely copyrighted material.

If you are posting information that you are not the author of and/or that is posted on another site, please post One key Sentence Only and a Link to that article. If it is an image, etc. please post only the Link. This will benefit us all. As please be aware City Data is instituting a zero tolerance policy for copyright/non-original material.

The volunteer and senior moderators do not have the time or resources to run every copyright disclaimer down and assure that we have complied to the source's wishes. As such, when moderators see a post that violates the measures outlined herein, posts will be deleted, infractions may be issued and in some instances members will be banned.
This topic is gravely serious to the owners/operators of City-Data.

Thanks for your cooperation everyone.

Last edited by autumngal; 03-14-2008 at 04:18 PM..

Old 12-16-2007, 08:18 PM

50 posts, read 170,590 times
Default 20 yr. old Red Sox/Celtic fan bored in Raleigh

My stepson was asked by the school he had been attending up north (a really good school) not to return...I don't think they felt they could possibly offer him as good a time as he had had that first year.

When we made the announcement we were moving down south -- he agreed, "OK!"...he was coming too. (Who asked him?)
So, he moved in w/us and has been attending a community college, hoping to get his grades up and to transfer to a better 4-yr. college.

My stepson has been with us for the first time, full time now, since August. It's great. Anyone read the comic "Zits"? I'm living it -- it's a hoot. He's a smart kid but needs some direction, I guess. He's bored and I think he's waiting for 'the party' to knock on his door and say, "Yo, Yo s'up! Yo, it's 5PM...get up, dude!"
It's hard being 20 and not having any friends here.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a good place for a 20-yr-old, who's cool (wears his baseball cap backwards and everything ) might like to work. Someplace where he can make some friends his own age, make some cash and have a good time. He's a toughie in that he doesn't want restaurant work or retail work. He's very into working out and partying (surprising, I know) and he's a very good artist too. I'm hoping someone might know of a place that might be a good fit for him for a parttime job and/or a safe place for him to hang out and meet some like-minded peeps. (Church and/or synagogue type of thing, aint' gonna fly.)

Looking forward to any and all suggestions. Thanks and wishing you all a very happy and healthy holiday!!!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:00 PM

Maybe he can join with some sports teams. There be tons of that around.
Also he can pick up some hurricane games Those are always a blast.

And Happy Holidays right back at ya.

I am still recovering from the heck of a windy day. My barbecue decided to slide across the deck . We saved her tho .
And the cold weather..... had my fire on. Keeping us toasty warm.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/autumngal_photo/animated-fireplace.gif (broken link)

Old 12-17-2007, 05:16 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,494,501 times
since autumngal suggested going to a game, it popped into my head that he could get a job doing security at the games. a freind of ours does that part time in NJ,
and so he can see the games and make money at the same time...talk about meeting people!

Old 12-17-2007, 06:05 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,681,750 times
So how does this Off-Topic Chat work? Do you move posts here or are we supposed to post our off-topic "chat" discussions in this forum?

Old 12-17-2007, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
So how does this Off-Topic Chat work? Do you move posts here or are we supposed to post our off-topic "chat" discussions in this forum?
Both .

Off topic posts will be put in here if they are not deleted for other reasons. So look here first. As it may not always be that I am able to dm the member to let them know it has been moved in here .

Yes, please post your off topic discussions in this thread. Most members come here looking for specific information on the area and relocation. It becomes difficult for them having to sort thru so many posts that are not relevant. Especially in a high turnover forum as this.
So just throw your off topic posts in here and we can chat about it all day, and all night .

Last edited by autumngal; 12-17-2007 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-17-2007, 07:36 AM

1,790 posts, read 6,519,834 times
Has anyone finished their Christmas shopping? I have 3 gifts left to purchase this week. Ahh, love waiting till the last moment to finish up.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:58 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,947 times
hey, great idearz autumngal! Gotta have a place to shoot the breeze...eh?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:47 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,843 times
Theperle, has your stepson considered working at his community college? When I was at school (which wasn't that long ago, I swear!), I worked at the university & it was great. I could easily frame my working hours around my class schedule plus whenever the school was closed, I had the day off (think Thanksgiving, Xmas break, etc.). If he likes sports have him check with the student activities office. If he likes books & movies, have him check with the library & media department. In addition to making some extra money, it's a great way to meet people with similar interests.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
I guess today is the last day for online shopping for ground shipping I am trying to buy all local and found some cool stuff at the North Carolina General Store.
http://www.ncagr.com/NCproducts/dire...09&SubCatNum=7

Some have online websites or you can see where they are located and maybe visit locally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary