Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 06:45 AM

22,726 posts, read 36,937,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Beware, North Carolinians, the Northeasterners are here and little by little they are taking over. Today it's Friendly's - tomorrow, your kids will all have New York accents.
Lol but it's a Massachusetts based company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 06:48 AM

22,726 posts, read 36,937,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
I used to work at a Friendly's too (in NY no less). That was a hard job scooping ice cream 8 hours a day!! I hated those damn Jim Dandy's haha. They do have great ice cream though! We always get someone when we go to Myrtle Beach.
I had tennis elbow when I first started working there. I also developed a huge muscle in my hand from all the scooping
Worst tables to wait on were the ones who ordered 4 Jim dandy sundaes with all different kinds of ice cream. Made me wanna cry lol

Old 08-02-2014, 01:30 PM

9,782 posts, read 15,833,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Lol but it's a Massachusetts based company.
Yeah, I know, I was just generalizing the whole northeast.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:04 PM

5,223 posts, read 3,817,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
They would invert an ice cream cone and decorate it like a clown, I remember seeing these in the Northeast and Midwest when I was on travel there. They seemed to start disappearing 20 years ago or so.

We used to go to the local one in NJ for a Big Beef after football practice 45 years ago. It's a sushi bar now. I don't see too many of them around anymore.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:58 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,435,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
No, it's Freddy's. They're also planning a Cary location at Searstone.

Freddy's bringing quick-casual restaurant brand to Durham, Cary

I wonder if the similar red cursive "F" is the entire source of the Friendly's rumor.
If I had to guess, I think you nailed it. Likely somebody saw the Freddy's logo, saw a cursive logo beginning with an "Fr" an "e" and a "d" in the middle, and ending with "y's" and assumed Friendly's.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:40 PM

I noticed the other day that Freddy's is now open. Has anybody checked it out yet?

Old 08-22-2014, 02:47 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,990,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Beware, North Carolinians, the Northeasterners are here and little by little they are taking over. Today it's Friendly's - tomorrow, your kids will all have New York accents.
I'll believe it when Wawa arrives.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:05 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,982,384 times
I believe there is a Friendly's off Exit #24 on I-95 (toward S. Carolina). We've been eyeing the new Freddy's but haven't checked it out yet. We did try the PDQ in that same complex and found it disappointing (it's like a Zaxbys or Raising Cane but not as good as either).

Old 08-22-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I believe there is a Friendly's off Exit #24 on I-95 (toward S. Carolina). We've been eyeing the new Freddy's but haven't checked it out yet. We did try the PDQ in that same complex and found it disappointing (it's like a Zaxbys or Raising Cane but not as good as either).
In general I think that location is still feeling it out. The one on Falls of Neuse has it together a little more and the quality of the food is a shade better. I'll gladly go to PDQ rather than Chick-fil-A.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:15 AM

4,322 posts, read 6,013,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Looks like the Friendly's in Lumberton closed.

Closest one toward the south appears to be in North Myrtle Beach. To the north, there are a few in the Richmond area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary