Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 08:47 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCool64 View Post
Lennar TH are in the middle of building around Church Street, Everett Crossing, my question is that it's close to 540 and rail road/54(Chapel Hill Rd), no noise from 540 and rail road?
540 is audible across the entire neighborhood. You have to decide whether it is intrusive or just white noise.
The trains will blow the whistle nearby as long as the Church Street Crossing is open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 10:48 PM

188 posts, read 238,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
540 is audible across the entire neighborhood. You have to decide whether it is intrusive or just white noise.
The trains will blow the whistle nearby as long as the Church Street Crossing is open.
ok, then Everett Crossing maybe not good for me...

How about 'Collins Grove' in Cary?, Standard Pacific builder, Waldo Rood Blvd and collins...
There is close by freight rail road.
Do you think this new community OK from the noise-wise?

Old 08-31-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
ok, then Everett Crossing maybe not good for me...

How about 'Collins Grove' in Cary?, Standard Pacific builder, Waldo Rood Blvd and collins...
There is close by freight rail road.
Do you think this new community OK from the noise-wise?
Standard Pacific is a tract builder, working in a competitive townhouse market. Quality should be average townhouse quality. There is no magic.
The price point makes me hopeful that the design is solid. I haven't toured yet, and I should.

I think the noise level should be OK for most people.
If I was buying in Collins Grove, I would select a location in the back of the community, away from the streets.

I have lived half a mile from there for 12 years, and the RR tracks are directly behind my house.
The train basically runs twice a day, Monday--Friday, north from Apex to Durham in the morning and south in the afternoon/evening. About 10--15 miles per hour. The schedule flexes a little, but not terribly. Of course, CSX owns the rails and can use them as they determine in the future.
Currently, it is not terribly intrusive, even backing up to it. Deeper in Collins Grove, it should not be a great issue.

If the neighborhood is able to maintain assignments to Davis Drive ES and MS, and Green Hope HS, I think the value will be supported long term.
The location really is great for conveniences and services and daily needs shopping.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
I'm not in real estate, but for resale it's definitely better to have 3 bedrooms instead of 2.
Quote:
Really?
if yes,
I should look at 3 BR then, thanks
Really.

Even couples want three bedrooms. MBR, guest bedroom, and office.

Also, be sure to check out where things are in terms of the developer handing things over to the board and the management company. Take a close look at the financials, particularly the reserves.

Typically what happens is the developer keeps the HOA fees low in order to sell units. Once the community takes over, they are loath to increase dues until it becomes clear that things absolutely have to be repaired or replaced. There is often trouble at the hand off time.

Have you lived in an HOA community before?

Old 08-31-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Really.

Even couples want three bedrooms. MBR, guest bedroom, and office.

Also, be sure to check out where things are in terms of the developer handing things over to the board and the management company. Take a close look at the financials, particularly the reserves.

Typically what happens is the developer keeps the HOA fees low in order to sell units. Once the community takes over, they are loath to increase dues until it becomes clear that things absolutely have to be repaired or replaced. There is often trouble at the hand off time.

==> yes

Old 08-31-2014, 01:45 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,511 times
Quote:
Really?
if yes,
I should look at 3 BR then, thanks
I had a townhouse in Cary (Amberly) that was new in 2009. It had 2 bedrooms and a loft. I had no problem selling it earlier this year. We had 2 offers in 4 days.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Standard Pacific is a tract builder, working in a competitive townhouse market. Quality should be average townhouse quality. There is no magic.
The price point makes me hopeful that the design is solid. I haven't toured yet, and I should.

I think the noise level should be OK for most people.
If I was buying in Collins Grove, I would select a location in the back of the community, away from the streets.

I have lived half a mile from there for 12 years, and the RR tracks are directly behind my house.
The train basically runs twice a day, Monday--Friday, north from Apex to Durham in the morning and south in the afternoon/evening. About 10--15 miles per hour. The schedule flexes a little, but not terribly. Of course, CSX owns the rails and can use them as they determine in the future.
Currently, it is not terribly intrusive, even backing up to it. Deeper in Collins Grove, it should not be a great issue.

If the neighborhood is able to maintain assignments to Davis Drive ES and MS, and Green Hope HS, I think the value will be supported long term.
The location really is great for conveniences and services and daily needs shopping.
Thanks,

sounds like Collins Grove is a good candidate for my new TH!!!

Old 08-31-2014, 07:10 PM

Default Single Family Home

BTW,

I found today this new development.

'Birkshires at Town Hall commons', McCrimmon Pkwy/church st/townhall drive area,
builder: Standard Pacific
SFH
Power line runs close to this area. (runs through Townhall drive)
Do you think this power line is OK, or not OK for this new houses for future resale value?

Old 08-31-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
BTW,

I found today this new development.

'Birkshires at Town Hall commons', McCrimmon Pkwy/church st/townhall drive area,
builder: Standard Pacific
SFH
Power line runs close to this area. (runs through Townhall drive)
Do you think this power line is OK, or not OK for this new houses for future resale value?
I would not be too worried about that power line, since it is a couple hundred feet away.
And there are many lots that are further away from the power lines.
Very small lots, though.
But, I think the location is very good, and people will support the neighborhood over time due to location, despite the lot size.
I would also avoid lots backing to McCrimmon.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I would not be too worried about that power line, since it is a couple hundred feet away.
And there are many lots that are further away from the power lines.
Very small lots, though.
But, I think the location is very good, and people will support the neighborhood over time due to location, despite the lot size.
I would also avoid lots backing to McCrimmon.
Thanks,

How about airplanes which approach to airport over that location? not too worry about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary