Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 04:20 PM

11 posts, read 32,917 times

Advertisements

It really depends on your needs/wants. I work many hours and want a turn key type of house - move in ready. If it's older, and that work has been done - that's fine with me, too as long as all the houses in the neighborhood have also been maintained well. But like I said, small cosmetic changes are perfectly fine (painting, changing hardware etc). But I do want to have to anything substantial.

And I've bought several houses - there are both high and low quality in terms of newer/older houses. (There are many homes build pre-2000 that are shoddy, too for example).

But the above point is good - I'd rather be on the lower end of upscale neighborhood. Thanks again for tips,
Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 04:45 PM

So Mike made a great point. If I want to get in on the lower end of a more upscale neighborhood, does that help narrow it?

Does Lochmere fit that description? (It keeps coming up). Thanks,
Rob

Old 12-26-2007, 04:55 PM

43,358 posts, read 77,240,687 times
Lochmere fits.
It is made up of several neighborhoods across a few price points, though...

Old 12-26-2007, 05:14 PM

718 posts, read 2,975,307 times
The Reserve off Hwy 55 may fit your needs, although many houses in that neighborhood get snapped up pretty quickly at the price range you are looking at.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,703,480 times
Take a look at Weatherstone and Wellsley (both in Cary). Both have swim teams, good schools, some mature landscaping and have aged very well. Maybe you'll find something somewhat updated.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynn41072 View Post
The Reserve off Hwy 55 may fit your needs, although many houses in that neighborhood get snapped up pretty quickly at the price range you are looking at.
Nice neighborhood of pretty houses. 8 sold so far this year below $450,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
Take a look at Weatherstone and Wellsley (both in Cary). Both have swim teams, good schools, some mature landscaping and have aged very well. Maybe you'll find something somewhat updated.
Weatherstone tends to drift a little higher, so a good house under $450,000 might be a good bargain.

Wellsley might put the OP in the position of being on the high end... Most of Wellsley is in the $300,000's.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:25 PM

Wow, Mike, I'll probably be calling you when I get there - you have all the info at your fingertips.

I will probably look up to $475K - just quickly glancing at Weatherstone, looks gorgeous, but most houses looke well about that range (though I'd love to get into a neighborhood like that). But I'd certainly be happy with the more upscale sections of Lochmere. I saw a nice one for $438K in there.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:32 AM

9 posts, read 26,656 times
We are moving to the area and are looking at the same neighborhoods. Does anyone have any suggestions taking schools into consideration. (Elementary for now) We hope to find a neighborhood with young families.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Girl View Post
We are moving to the area and are looking at the same neighborhoods. Does anyone have any suggestions taking schools into consideration. (Elementary for now) We hope to find a neighborhood with young families.
Weatherstone and Highcroft elementaries are right at the subdivisions.
You will have to consider traditional and year round school schedules, if you have a preference.
You should consult www.wcpss.net and confirm school assignments, as they do change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary