Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 03:36 PM

613 posts, read 746,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Yp....you are if you are telling me that what went missing and what didn't get stolen is somehow impossible.

Hitting the wine already????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 03:39 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Talk about sticking your head in the sand .... holy cow
How? I am not saying crime doesn't happen.....not at all...just that much of it is still petty crime like what happened in our neighborhood (and a few others....they hit parts of Hertitage, Deacons Ridge and Holding from what I heard.)

Crime happens...but i just don't put kids stealing change from unlocked cars in the same category as armed robbery and true B&Es.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
How? I am not saying crime doesn't happen.....not at all...just that much of it is still petty crime like what happened in our neighborhood (and a few others....they hit parts of Hertitage, Deacons Ridge and Holding from what I heard.)

Crime happens...but i just don't put kids stealing change from unlocked cars in the same category as armed robbery and true B&Es.

They weren't just looking for change. They told their clueless parents that and they were believed.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
They weren't just looking for change. They told their clueless parents that and they were believed.
My husband's car was one broken into!! ( yes I get on him to lock the doors but at least he doesn't leave anything valuable in there.) As was my daughters french teacher who lives a few streets over. She is the one that had left a camera...my neighbor the laptop.

They later caught the boys when they tried it one too many times. I have no idea what they told their parents.

Are you really saying they actually got their items stolen and not just a few dollars in change and we're too clueless to know?

Old 09-16-2014, 05:48 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Quote:
There is an uptick but thst doesn't mean the area is unsafe or headed downhill. The only crime in my Wake Forest neighborhood has been some teen boys getting into unlocked cars for spare change. They left laptops, phones and other valuable items. Really do you think they would have if they were desperate for drug money?
This was my point too, not all crime is drug related as the OP keeps inferring. Sometimes it is teenagers being stupid. We had some vandalism at our pool this summer by teens. There was no money to be had but they broke a couple of chairs.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:48 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,771,581 times
Oh I get it, there are good little thieves that only steal petty change from unlocked cars in nice neighborhoods and won't touch real valuables and then there are the ones that steal anything they can get their hands in other areas. So glad you have the GOOD ones. Why not leave a little change in a bowl on top of your car hood to feed these poor little critters.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:11 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
According to this story, both violent crime and property crime are down so far this year in Wake County.
Shootings lead to soaring Durham violent crime rate :: WRAL.com
While this story is mostly about Durham, there is a short sentence in the body of the story about Wake.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Oh I get it, there are good little thieves that only steal petty change from unlocked cars in nice neighborhoods and won't touch real valuables and then there are the ones that steal anything they can get their hands in other areas. So glad you have the GOOD ones. Why not leave a little change in a bowl on top of your car hood to feed these poor little critters.
I didn't say that at all...glad they got caught...I am saying that Wake Forest and Wake County is not a crime ridden place to live where one has to be scared of every little thing and most (note that i said most...not all) crime is still of the petty variety.

You seem very disapointed that it's that way....would you prefer mugging on every street corner and armed home invasions happening daily?

Old 09-16-2014, 06:57 PM

523 posts, read 1,326,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
This is a recent development for this area. First time in my 12 years living in Wake Forest that I have been advised by town government to lock everything at all times.
If you believe this, then you're wrong. I lived in Wake Forest before you ever moved there, and there was occasional crime. If you think you haven't been warned to lock your cars and doors, then you haven't been paying attention.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb27608 View Post
If you believe this, then you're wrong. I lived in Wake Forest before you ever moved there, and there was occasional crime. If you think you haven't been warned to lock your cars and doors, then you haven't been paying attention.

I have said several times now that no one is saying there was no crime at all. We're discussing the recent changes/increases. The warning from the town of Wake Forest is in their current 'newsletter'. In the years I have been receiving it I have never seen an article about the recent spike in crime and what to do to try and prevent it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary