Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 06:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times

Advertisements

There was a couple who had a corner lot off Ten Ten Road, I think it was either Holly Springs or Raleigh or Unincorporated, and they had the biggest Christmas light display I have ever seen. It even had a firetruck, a U.F.O. and lines of cars waiting to see it all.

Are they still doing that? I remember them saying they may stop.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 11-12-2014 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Wrong road. My memory has gone.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:43 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,588 times
There is one on 1010 near Fanny Brown Rd., but I wonder if you're thinking of the one at Penny Road and Huntingwood? They have a huge display every year. They even have a Facebook page. Look for Happyland Christmas lights. Sounds like it might not be as big this year due to some back issues with the owner or his wife. I like that one better than the one on 1010.

Anyone know of any others? Those are just the ones I can think of because I ride by them on a regular basis.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:55 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
There is one on 1010 near Fanny Brown Rd., but I wonder if you're thinking of the one at Penny Road and Huntingwood? They have a huge display every year. They even have a Facebook page. Look for Happyland Christmas lights. Sounds like it might not be as big this year due to some back issues with the owner or his wife. I like that one better than the one on 1010.

Anyone know of any others? Those are just the ones I can think of because I ride by them on a regular basis.
Thx. That's it. The one at Penny Road and Huntingwood. I don't know why I was thinking Ten Ten.

I loved that one so much. Really nice folks.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:47 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
There was another big one near Ten-Ten and Fanny Brown, as Rabbit said, last year.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:53 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,685 times
There has also been a very nice light display in West Cary, on Green Level Rd, not far from its intersection with Hwy 55.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:52 PM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
There has also been a very nice light display in West Cary, on Green Level Rd, not far from its intersection with Hwy 55.
They have the Thanksgiving stuff out right now!

Old 11-14-2014, 07:31 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
The homeowner at Penny and Huntington is an old high school classmate of mine. His dad always heavily decorated the lawn and house during the holidays at his childhood home. I guess the bug rubbed off onto him. Most of his large figurines are those that he recently purchased and restored from the estate sale of the Charles Cross family. At Christmas for years the Cross family transformed their yard into a Christmas wonderland at the corner of New Bern Ave. and Dickens Dr.(near Enloe High) People drove from miles to see it, and traffic sometimes would back up as far as Wake Med. Some of the long time resident CD members probably remember it.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:59 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
The homeowner at Penny and Huntington is an old high school classmate of mine. His dad always heavily decorated the lawn and house during the holidays at his childhood home. I guess the bug rubbed off onto him. Most of his large figurines are those that he recently purchased and restored from the estate sale of the Charles Cross family. At Christmas for years the Cross family transformed their yard into a Christmas wonderland at the corner of New Bern Ave. and Dickens Dr.(near Enloe High) People drove from miles to see it, and traffic sometimes would back up as far as Wake Med. Some of the long time resident CD members probably remember it.
We lived in Garner when I was a child. It was a highlight to go see the trees at Cameron Village and ride by the Cross house!

I discovered the Moore's house (PennyRd) by accident several years ago. I ended up working for his wife's best friend for 8 years! They are good people, as we say down here.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:53 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
They are good people, as we say down here.
Yes they are, and they know how to keep Christmas well

Old 11-16-2014, 05:03 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times
We should start a seasonal-sticky on "Drive-by Xmas Decorations"

I missed them last year, but several years running before, there was a bunch of really TALL pine trees, decorated up and really pretty.
Visible from your car by driving from Crab Tree Mall south down Blue Ridge Road and then west along Glen Eden Dr.
Also mostly visible from the southern edge of the parking lot at:
Residence Inn Raleigh Crabtree Valley, 2200 Summit Park Lane, Raleigh, North Carolina 27612

Google Earth shows some construction there, so maybe it's been converted to townhouses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary