Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:38 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
My favorite neighborhood in that price range is Ethans Glen. Its not "way out" in the rural areas like Covington Ridge in Wake Forest but still has some land and is closer to the airport.

Although I enjoy nature and the rural feel of an area, I don't like neighborhood that FEEL like they are way out there. And after having lived here for 30 years, I'm always a bit paranoid about having alot of undeveloped land around me. I would not be happy with a Wal Mart in my backyard!

Vicki
Hey now, I live in covington ridge.........we are nicely located! 6 miles from target!

Leigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 01:41 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
Hey now, I live in covington ridge.........we are nicely located! 6 miles from target!

Leigh
Oops...sorry Leigh. I know that. I meant to say the "covington ridge AREA". It just seems that once you get on New Light Road or pass over it, the area becomes so rural. I'm sure you know the "shortcuts" to the airport much better than I do. I get lost in Bedford!!!

Vicki

Old 01-13-2008, 02:11 PM

134 posts, read 410,452 times
I live in the Heritage and love it. Great for kids. People say it's "large," but that's not really applicable. You live on a street and your kids will play with people from that street. It will have a "small" feel to it, believe me.

I travel to the airport often, and usually average 30 minutes by car. If it takes more than 45 minutes, something very wrong has happened....

--JC

Old 01-13-2008, 04:43 PM

997 posts, read 4,643,523 times
Northwest Cary. 15-20 minutes to the airport plus close to shopping. Supermarket on every corner. YMCA on Cary Parkway. Not far is the shopping in Beaver Creek (Target, Linens n Things, Petsmart, Lowes, Kohls, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, Movie Theatre etc. Lots of restaurants too.

Carpenter Village, Highcroft, Cameron Pond, Cary Park, Weycroft, Old Carpenter, Magnolia Estate etc. There is also Preston Village but the homes are closer to ten years old.

I sense you are from Boston. What part? I was raised in the suburbs all my life.

Good luck.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:29 PM

38 posts, read 123,826 times
If you're considering Chapel Hill, there are some wonderful neighborhoods in that price range that will keep you within the 30 minute airport commute. Some that come to mind with lots of kids, pools, and newer construction are Larkspur, Lake Hogan Farms, Southern Village, and Meadowmont. Hillsborough also has some great new neighborhoods and would probably be just at that 30 minute mark to the airport. Churton Grove in Hillsborough is particularly lovely, with pool, playground, walking trails, tennis and the like. Nice sized lots, too, averaging 1/2 to 3/4 acre.

Best wishes!

Old 01-13-2008, 05:46 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times
If you're looking for close proximity to shopping and the Airport you cannot go wrong with N. Raleigh and Cary with that price range. The Six Forks, Strickland, Durrant Rd. areas easily have ALL of what you mentioned you're looking for and good schools as well. If you considered resells (less than 5 years old) rather than new I bet you can find exactly what you want and at a huge savings over what you think you might have to spend.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:47 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times
Also what is a "tot lot"? Gotta admit, never heard that one before.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:13 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
A small playground. Ours has two regular swings, two baby swings and a decent size jungle gym.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:28 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh1005 View Post
Also what is a "tot lot"? Gotta admit, never heard that one before.
Now you are showing your age! A tot lot is just a kiddie playground! Developers get creative!

For those of you that haven't figured this one out yet...the area around North Hills is now called "midtown"!

Vicki

Old 01-14-2008, 07:22 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times
West Cary will give you the best proximity to both RDU and everything else in the Triangle. 20 min. to CH, 15 to Durham, 15 to RDU, 25 to downtown Raleigh. Beaver Creek shopping 5 miles away (Super Target, Lowes, Panera, Linens n Things, 14 screen Movie Theater, Circuit City, TJ Maxx/Homegoods, + 50 other smaller stores). Great Schools and Recreation.

Highcroft (resales only)
Highcroft Village (new construction)
Cary Park (pretty much sold out as new construction)
Weycroft (new from 600K)
Amberly (Peninsula or Village Square neighborhoods)
Cameron Pond (watch out for close proximity to future 540)
Weldon Ridge
Hilliard Forest (Brand New)

You could also look at the SE Cary area (Kildaire Farm/Penny Road area). Larger lots than in NW Cary, and a bit more of a country feeling. 30 minutes to the airport, and 15 minutes to Crossroads (Enormous Shopping Area).

Jamison Park
The Park At West Lake
Wescott
Sunset Ridge/Sunset Oaks
The Park at Langston
Churchill Estates
Wrenn Meadow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary