Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 12:49 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttpn View Post
Keep in mind that lot prices MAY be negotiable. That being said, I suggest getting the best lot that meets your needs. Welcome to the community! It's a great place to live--just had this conversation with several neighbors this morning. The people are VERY personable, interesting and friendly. As for upgrades and home models, you might walk the neighborhoods and speak with residents. Most are willing to share their experience on models and options within each one.
I agree! We love it here. Our former neighbors in Cary just signed a contract and will be our neighbors again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 07:19 AM

8 posts, read 30,869 times
Thank you for the insight on the lot prices. I did notice in some cases there is a pretty wide range on the lot premium asking price. We will walk around and explore the neighborhood when we are there. I am looking forward to our visit. It sounds like such a nice place to live.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:41 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Has Carolina Arbors started a billiards club yet? If so, can somebody put me in touch with a member, please? Via DM.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Has Carolina Arbors started a billiards club yet? If so, can somebody put me in touch with a member, please? Via DM.
I am pretty certain there is no billiards club as yet. There is only one billiard table in the sales center but the amenity center will have a billiard room with more tables.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:53 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Makes me crazy to see them using the billiard table for laying out presentation materials. On the felt!

The last two times I have been there.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Makes me crazy to see them using the billiard table for laying out presentation materials. On the felt!

The last two times I have been there.
And you didn't stop by and say hello???

Old 05-16-2015, 10:31 AM

5 posts, read 6,180 times
We are considering moving to the Arbors from central Florida. A concern we have is the tax rate. Can anyone give me a general idea of what taxes are in the Arbors? How are the utility rates ?

Old 05-16-2015, 11:15 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling 66 View Post
We are considering moving to the Arbors from central Florida. A concern we have is the tax rate. Can anyone give me a general idea of what taxes are in the Arbors? How are the utility rates ?

Figure about 1.5 mil tax rate on valuation.
So, a $300,000 tax valuation will put you into the $4500 +/- property tax range.

Durham County : Tax Rates

Duke Energy electric rate schedule:
https://www.duke-energy.com/pdfs/NCScheduleRS.pdf

PSNC Natural gas bills will be lower through the year than electric, due to electric AC costs.
https://www.psncenergy.com/docs/libr...atesummary.pdf

Our energy costs are not terribly high. And the Pulte product will be reasonably energy efficient.
Your costs will be dependent on your lifestyle and size of home.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:50 AM

5 posts, read 6,180 times
Thank you for the information. The taxes are considerably higher than we are now paying....lots to think about...

Old 05-17-2015, 07:41 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling 66 View Post
Thank you for the information. The taxes are considerably higher than we are now paying....lots to think about...
Also - Florida has a homestead rule for property taxes if it's your primary residence that limits increases in property taxes. NC does not (there may be an exception for VERY low income senior citizen homeowners - didn't apply to us, so I can't remember the details except the income limitations were near poverty levels.)

Also - Florida has no state income tax. NC does.

If taxes are your prevailing reason foir moving, you'll be WAY better off in Central Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary