Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 09:12 PM

6 posts, read 25,817 times

Advertisements

Any info on angier,lillington,willow springs,fuquay varina for a early 30's couple with small children. Any other area suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Need to be in commuting distance(around an hour) to fayetteville but prefer raleigh type areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 10:01 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
I don't have any "suggestions" except that FV is probably the closest to having a "raleigh" type atmosphere, but the farthest from Fayettville. I will say these are all really small, rural-ish, traditional North Carolina/southern towns you are looking at (except FV, not so much).

Not that that is bad, but living in Miami and moving to a place like Willow Springs or Lillington will be a pretty dramatic change!

Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 PM

997 posts, read 4,645,143 times
Like Lamishra said, Fuquay is probably the closest thing to a Raleigh type than the others. The others are more rural. Fuquay is the furthest from Fayetteville but you could probably make it there in an hour. I think even living in Fuquay will be a change from Miami but not as much as Lillington or Willow Springs. Since you have children, I think you will find better options for schools and more things for them to do in Fuquay.

Good luck.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,073 times
Default In the same boat

Hi there! Just wanted you to know that it sounds like we're on the same page! I am in my early 30's and my DH and I have a 2 year old son, with a desire for more. We both grew up in So Cal, and we are planning to move outta here May 1st. Yah!! We realized we don't want to raise a family here - morals are low, overcrowded, poor public school systems, and we just can't "keep up" with the Jones' anymore. Our rent on a 2bd/2ba apt. is $1700/mo! We looked into buying a home here, which would add on a 2 hour commute for both of us to get to work, and we were looking at around $400,000 for a 3bdr, 1500sq ft home, on 0.1acre.......can you believe
that?? Long story short, my husband has family in Chapel Hill, and can make a lateral transfer with his company (located in N. Raleigh). We are planning to rent close to Chapel Hill initially, but hopefully buy a home within 6 months. I have been doing a lot of research, and talking to family there, and it looks like we'll probably end up in Fuquay or Holly Springs area. NC here we come! Can't wait! Maybe we'll be neighbors....lol.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 PM

6 posts, read 25,817 times
We are definitely in the same boat! Miami seems to "offer" those same disadvantages, and we are possibly looking to move end of feb. 1st of march also. those N.Raleigh areas are beautiful and we loved it up there but my husband is also going to have a lateral move with his co. and it looks like it will be in fayetteville and absolutely do want to live in fayetteville. Fuquay seems to offer everything we could possibly dream of with an offordable lifestyle could'nt even dream of buying in miami, not to mention the quality of life or lack there of for my family. CAN'T WAIT TO MOVE!!! It would be great for my son to have a playmate. Good luck with your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary