Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:38 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,447,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Geez Louise. Nothing like perpetuating stereotypes.

RDSLOTS wrote:

HMM. . ., I can easily see now what you have pointed out, lovebrentwood, but it certainly isn't what I meant. Perhaps, like-minded and not narrow-minded or bigoted would have worked better.

Cary is, without a doubt, or an apology, one of the best places I have ever lived for people being more accepting of one another. It's almost as if many of us have denounced some of our upbringing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 08:59 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,093,500 times
Yes, that's better.

There are plenty of narrow-minded and bigoted people everywhere, unfortunately. It's quite arguable if there are more down South than up North. (Seriously.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
HMM. . ., I can easily see now what you have pointed out, lovebrentwood, but it certainly isn't what I meant. Perhaps, like-minded and not narrow-minded or bigoted would have worked better.

Cary is, without a doubt, or an apology, one of the best places I have ever lived for people being more accepting of one another. It's almost as if many of us have denounced some of our upbringing.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:56 AM

189 posts, read 374,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexRob View Post
Besides, age is really not important. I'm 30 and my wife is 29, and we hang out with our neighbors who are in their 50s. They are fun, and young at heart, so age matters little.
Hear, hear! I'm in my thirties, and I have a number of friends who are in their fifties or so. I love having friends with a different life stage or experience than mine, and I especially enjoy having fun friends with more life wisdom.

BTW, we're also believers and talking about adopting older children after we get through the "itty bitty ones" phase. If we also wind up in Cary or close by, I'm keeping my eye out for you.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,240,057 times
Smile Good responses

Cary is still in my dreams - I hope to visit this summer.

Dream - 5 months of year in Cary; rest here in Florida

My husband could work remotely, get licensed in North Carolina, new adventure, it might be fun!!

PS - I did look up the development on High House Road but it looks like the shopping centers around there are losing tenants??? True?

Old 04-23-2010, 03:23 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,421,734 times
Several tenants left just over a year ago, mainly small private boutiques becasue of high rents and slow traffic. The good news is that a new restaurant (Tribecca Tavern) opened where the Chop House used to be and is doing a phenonenal business. Now there is another sign that another cafe is coming soon. The shops/restaurants that face the main St are always hopping. Additionally, building has begun an a new group of townhomes (Called Enclave at Stone Creek), 34 homes, a bit less expensive) and I think this will only draw in more new businesses.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:41 PM

37 posts, read 54,411 times
Great advice, thanks! I will check it out. Looking to rent a modestly priced home in Cary, Morrisville, North or NW Raleigh - in a community that tends to draw either retirees or single professionals or DINK couples (double income, no kids).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary