Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:06 AM

168 posts, read 500,322 times

Advertisements

Well, you might be disappointed to know that Char Grill is now franchising. The Cary location is a franchise and serves as their model store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
Char-Grill is LOCALLY owned and has been around since the late 50's. I try to never eat at franchise places. They are anywhere USA. I am from and live in Raleigh. I can eat at Five Guys in too many cities to name. When I visit other places, I seek out their local establishments, not some chain that can be found everywhere. Why do so many americans love these chains?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 07:13 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,357,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bta View Post
Chargrill is good but better than Five Guys is tough.
I'm definitely in the the Chargrill camp. Favorite burgers in the area, and have been for many years. The only ones close are Backyard Burgers. Other chains fail to compare. I found Five Guys to be above average - better than something like Red Robin, although that is a pretty low bar .

Old 01-27-2008, 08:43 AM

932 posts, read 1,274,075 times
Been eating there since High School!

The BEST chocolate shakes ANYWHERE!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 01-27-2008, 09:19 AM

50 posts, read 122,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Char grill is the BEST! Cook out is really good too, though! I just like to support Char grill because of it's local roots and because of the "atmosphere", for lack of a better word. I have fond memories of just meeting and talking to random people (doctors, college students, high school students, lawyers...whoever) at midnight on a Saturday night, sharing an outdoor table, eating my burger.
Both are excellent no doubt! Just an FYI, Cook Out is also locally owned I believe and I know for a fact they do NOT franchise.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:57 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,757 times
I just went to CharGrill the other day in Cary. YUM!

Old 01-27-2008, 12:14 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,522 times
I've been to Cookout twice and disappointed with their food although they do have great shakes. It somehow bugs me that the windows are blacked out..("what are they doing back there?".."why is it so dark?"...I don't mind seeing the food being prepared...("maybe the cooks at cookout are naked?)
see what I have to deal with..?

Old 01-27-2008, 12:46 PM

920 posts, read 2,813,902 times
I love Char Grill. Their shakes are really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary