Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 09:14 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times

Advertisements

I agree that 30 days should be the exception not the rule; however, I don't see that sometimes taking 30 days is a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 10:41 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I agree that 30 days should be the exception not the rule; however, I don't see that sometimes taking 30 days is a problem.
Exactly. I think the 30 day limit is there for more complicated requests ie; home extension, adding on a garage etc. Also, in our neighborhood, you must have your neighbors on each side sign that they are aware of what you are planning and they can send a written objection to the ARC privately. In cases where neighbors are objecting the ARC needs to review all the covenants and architectural guidelines to make sure there are no violations and submit a written response to the neighbor. I would imagine the 30 days is helpful in this situation.

The poster who said they were told their project was approved but would not be officially told for 30 days should attend their next HOA Board of Directors meeting and question this practice.

Last edited by Sal_M; 09-09-2015 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-09-2015, 01:37 PM

5,153 posts, read 3,760,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
The reason[/i][/i] it sometimes takes the full 30 days is that committee and board members are volunteers. They have families, jobs, honey-do lists, vacations, night school, etc.

I dont consider 30 days unreasonable AT ALL.

In my case it has taken 30 days to review 2 lines on a piece of paper even one submitted by Seegar's themselves. Fence along the back and down on one side of the property. I have been waiting 3 weeks now for one member to open an email and say yes. This is patently unfair and borders on stupidity. I know for a fact that every other board member signed off on this the day after I submitted the paperwork because the local rep who I have been in touch with told me so. You can't tell me someone doesn't open up their email on vacation. Just playing games and exercising their puny piece of authority.

Old 09-11-2015, 11:46 AM

Finally got the approval on day 30. FWIW the member who was holding the approval up never did respond. I know my board is volunteer but if you volunteer you have an obligation not to jack people around like this.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:03 PM

663 posts, read 1,619,608 times
Side bar, do y'all know anyone who can do the work to install fence? Perhaps a handyman contractor.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcretro View Post
Side bar, do y'all know anyone who can do the work to install fence? Perhaps a handyman contractor.
A lot of people use Seegars I am using them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary