Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:44 PM

43,320 posts, read 77,165,481 times

Advertisements

If the OP is Zombie Intolerant, she should avoid Morrisville, considering recent sightings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 07:26 PM

8 posts, read 8,280 times
C_Lan, we did visit and spent time in Cary. No disrespect, but we knew it was not for us.
I have read and re-read my blog and do not see how it can be viewed as "full of insults".
There is another person who responded to my blog and said she wanted an area that was liberal. I took no offense to that. But yet, all you liberals jump on me because I happened to mention that I found an area (Apex) to be liberal. Why has no one chastised her as I feel I have been?
I think we all know the answer to that one.
Love the southern hospitality.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:10 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,349,409 times
Kahleesi, you were unclear and seemed to contradict yourself in your post. That's why people asked for clarification. When you didn't come back in a timely manner to clear things up, the thread took on a life of its own.

You may have found Apex to be liberal, but you're wrong if you're talking politics. It's pretty middle of the road and there are actually more registered Republicans than Democrats. You can always look this stuff up: http://msweb03.co.wake.nc.us/bordele...stats/muni.pdf

If you've visited Cary can you elaborate on what you don't like about? Or what you found too liberal about Apex? The more specifics and fewer ambiguities you can give us the more we can help you.

You should understand, though, that when you say you've read too many negatives about Cary that you're talking about a place where many people who post here live. If you just said that you visited and it didn't click with you and you're looking for somewhere with more Cape Cod houses (which there are surely many of in Cary, but I digress) then you haven't insulted anybody's chosen hometown. I ain't got no dog in this fight since I live in scary liberal Chapel Hill, but hey, you're welcome for the southern hospitality.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:55 AM

8 posts, read 8,280 times
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm going to try to make my situation clear one more time.
Would all of you who said I seemed to contradict myself please go back and read my original post?!
Poppy dog, you are assuming that I know what each of the areas are like. (that I have dismissed) Instead of berating me, how about; " you might want to go back and look at those areas because they have the qualities you have listed" that's why I came to this blog. When we went to these areas we came with a realtor, and her opinion, and we no longer work with her incidentally.
I feel as those you were all quick to jump on the couple of words I used and took offense to them. I apologize.
As far as inconsistencies, how would I know? I don't know what YOU KNOW. You know what I mean?
Anyway, I'm staying in Florida. No, I'm kidding. Thanks for your words of advice.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:57 AM

43,320 posts, read 77,165,481 times
OP,

You should be looking ITB to North Hills to West Raleigh in the Rex Hospital/Blue Ridge Rd. area.

Bring Money if you like ITB.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:59 AM

118 posts, read 178,406 times
The contradiction in your original post that jumped out at me was that you didn't want to live in a neighborhood with old people nor did you want to live in a neighborhood with lots of families.....there aren't many neighborhoods or situations in between. I get it though - I actually feel kind of the same and that is why I like where I live! I don't tend to get hung up on little things in a post like that - I tend to look at more of the larger picture of what people might be looking for, etc. As for comments on Cary/Apex - what rubs people the wrong way is when generalizations are made before actually visiting/spending time there. Like I said - we looked at houses all through Cary and Apex - NEITHER worked for us - that is why we spent time visiting/looking all over the triangle before we decided on Heritage in WF/Rolesville. And people really are very friendly here. You don't really have to stay in Florida.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:31 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,679,896 times
I don't know if you can get into the Preserve in Chapel hill with your budget but that neighborhood is neither old or full of young families (at least on the streets my friends live).

Old 09-17-2015, 06:47 AM

34,940 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahleesi View Post
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm going to try to make my situation clear one more time.
Would all of you who said I seemed to contradict myself please go back and read my original post?!
Poppy dog, you are assuming that I know what each of the areas are like. (that I have dismissed) Instead of berating me, how about; " you might want to go back and look at those areas because they have the qualities you have listed" that's why I came to this blog. When we went to these areas we came with a realtor, and her opinion, and we no longer work with her incidentally.
I feel as those you were all quick to jump on the couple of words I used and took offense to them. I apologize.
As far as inconsistencies, how would I know? I don't know what YOU KNOW. You know what I mean?
Anyway, I'm staying in Florida. No, I'm kidding. Thanks for your words of advice.
I think a decent realtor who isn't just going to throw stereotypes at you would be a great place to start.

Your initial post was a bit confusing. Your subsequent posts have been, too. Except the one where you listed your budget.

Did your realtor take you to the older neighborhoods in Cary that have lots of Cape Cods?

If she did not, even when you told her you liked them, you just had a bad realtor.

Not saying you would or would not like Cary if you were taken to the proper areas, but it almost sounds like she drove you out to West Cary and you never saw the rest of it.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:49 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,349,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahleesi View Post
Poppy dog, you are assuming that I know what each of the areas are like. (that I have dismissed) Instead of berating me, how about; " you might want to go back and look at those areas because they have the qualities you have listed" that's why I came to this blog.
You mean like I did when I said this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
First off, no one here is going to understand the digs against Cary and Apex. Both seem to fit most of your wants.
I'd give Cary a hard look if you like to ride your bike. Great greenway system. Great resale value.
For the record, no one was "assuming that I know what each of the areas are like. (that I have dismissed)". Most of us were asking you why you dismissed them because they seemed to have many of the things you said you wanted, but you have STILL not said what you didn't like about them even after being asked repeatedly and instead have acted very offensitive when people have offered suggestions.

BTW, this is what a blog is. We're on a forum or message board and we make posts on threads.

Last edited by poppydog; 09-17-2015 at 07:06 AM..

Old 09-17-2015, 11:13 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,275,862 times
Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons, this is a great place for information.

But with any online forum (btw, that's what this is called, not a blog) you will have a dynamic, and here, newcomers and transplants need to walk on eggshells so they don't offend or stereotype or assume. And you will also have people who are more likely to 'get into it' with people on a screen, much more so than in person.

When I brought up something similar, I was told that the way transplants are received on this forum is not representative of how they are received in person. There are other threads here from people that did receive a warmer welcome with less argument, and tons and tons of threads with helpful information. This subject gets brought up constantly, so spending some time browsing the forum and reading what others have posted before you is a great option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary