Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 09:26 AM

32 posts, read 41,114 times

Advertisements

Desperately in search of a high end black salon and/or high end hair weave salon. By high end, I don't mean a $50 vs a $100 weave, I mean $50 vs $500 weave. By high end, I mean they don't drop a comb on the floor then put it right back in your hair. By high end, I mean, they don't use the same brush on you as the previous person. By high end, I mean, I don't have to keep checking to make sure my car hasn't been stolen.

You get the picture....

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 10:29 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaNY View Post
Desperately in search of a high end black salon and/or high end hair weave salon. By high end, I don't mean a $50 vs a $100 weave, I mean $50 vs $500 weave. By high end, I mean they don't drop a comb on the floor then put it right back in your hair. By high end, I mean, they don't use the same brush on you as the previous person. By high end, I mean, I don't have to keep checking to make sure my car hasn't been stolen.

You get the picture....

Thanks!
Where are you located?

Old 10-09-2015, 02:30 PM

I'm in Raleigh, but am willing to travel.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
Are there business districts in Raleigh where your car is in danger of being stolen in broad daylight?

Old 10-09-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I'm in Raleigh, but am willing to travel.
Do you need a black hair salon specifically, or do you just need one that's notable for extensions/weaves?

Obviously, I'm assuming you want a salon where they know how to work with a variety of hair types and textures if they're not a traditionally black salon.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:49 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,581,720 times
I find this thread amusing mostly because if the title were "High end White Hair Salons" the o.p. would be called a racist and banned from CityData and probably the world and massive protests would ensue. Sillyness from the white folk.

Anyway, Lala, you ain't in New Yawk anymo'. You don't have to worry about gettin your ride jacked at least in 98% of this area. My wife (who is black) said she uses Taji Natural Hair Styling and loves it. I don't know if it's exactly what you are looking for but definitely is an upscale black salon.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Are there business districts in Raleigh where your car is in danger of being stolen in broad daylight?
You tell me...

Old 10-09-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I find this thread amusing mostly because if the title were "High end White Hair Salons" the o.p. would be called a racist and banned from CityData and probably the world and massive protests would ensue. Sillyness from the white folk.

Anyway, Lala, you ain't in New Yawk anymo'. You don't have to worry about gettin your ride jacked at least in 98% of this area. My wife (who is black) said she uses Taji Natural Hair Styling and loves it. I don't know if it's exactly what you are looking for but definitely is an upscale black salon.
I'm not quite sure what that accent is supposed to be, but I'm glad my car is safe. I'll check you Taji. Thanks!

Old 10-09-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Do you need a black hair salon specifically, or do you just need one that's notable for extensions/weaves?

Obviously, I'm assuming you want a salon where they know how to work with a variety of hair types and textures if they're not a traditionally black salon.
I don't care what the stylists look like so long as they are specifically skilled and experienced with working with my type of hair. And clean their combs...

Old 10-09-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I don't care what the stylists look like so long as they are specifically skilled and experienced with working with my type of hair. And clean their combs...
I swear, I'm not laughing at your needs, but you keep reminding me of my friend who went for braids and there was a fight in the salon.

I know you can't just wander into any old place, worry free.

I asked around and Taji was recommended to me, too. Might be as good a starting point as any in Raleigh.

I'm rather dismayed at the lack of clearly good options with decent web space and advertising around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary