Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 10:08 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times

Advertisements

I realize the weather sucks, but have any of you bothered to go?

The offerings this year are seriously blah.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:36 AM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
I'll probably go to a few. I usually try to hit the higher end ones but there's one down the street a Cotten Place I want to see for curiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 11:07 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,275,862 times
Do many people buy homes this time of year? I thought it was cyclical with the school year, more sales in spring and summer.

We will finally be visiting next week and this would be a perfect thing to do buy you're right about slim pickings I think.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:17 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,123,174 times
The Parade of Homes showcases the builders/developers/architects as well as offering specific homes for sale. Too bad the weather is crummy, but at least there won't be too many crowds this first weekend. One thing for sure, your dollar doesn't go as far as it once did.

http://paradeofhomeswake.com/

Old 10-04-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
The Parade of Homes showcases the builders/developers/architects rather than offering specific homes of sale. Too bad the weather is crummy, but at least there won't be too many crowds.
Ah, that makes more sense, thank you. I suppose I should learn what makes a good builder before we start hunting.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:22 AM

43,315 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
Do many people buy homes this time of year? I thought it was cyclical with the school year, more sales in spring and summer.

We will finally be visiting next week and this would be a perfect thing to do buy you're right about slim pickings I think.
You see a Parade model you like, sign a contract now with the builder and turn the key on your new house in April--July.
People do buy houses this time of year.

The Parade used to be more out on the edge of innovation, but since 2008 became very conservative and too often dominated by production builders..

Old 10-04-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
You see a Parade model you like, sign a contract now with the builder and turn the key on your new house in April--July.
People do buy houses this time of year.

The Parade used to be more out on the edge of innovation, but since 2008 became very conservative and too often dominated by production builders..
We don't have children so this would be something we could do too. I am starting to get an idea of subdivisions I like and ones I dont in certain areas. This is a good thing for me to take note of because if we sell our home in spring, we could rent there for a few months to zero in on neighborhoods and then either build or buy this time of year.

Thanks Mike, you're always so helpful.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:10 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,424,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post

Yes people buy homes this time of year. There is less supply and less demand so it's balanced compared to other times of the year. I find people get slightly better deals now than any time of the year, especially if the home has been listed since the summer.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:18 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
Our housing market is a bit on the crazy side!

Last year, November and December were hectic. Plenty of buyers, low inventory.

Seems like the low inventory has continued so we'll see about the buyers.

Currently, it is busy.

If a home has been listed since summer...5 months ago...I'd wonder why it hadn't sold. Currently, most of the homes in good condition, good locations and priced right, sell in a matter of days and weeks.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:51 PM

142 posts, read 223,749 times
We went to four houses in Bellewood Manor and two in Copperleaf Glen. I liked house number 20 but absolutely hated number 21. The layout of #21 was ridiculous, yet it's priced at $799K! Downstairs bedrooms 2 and 3 were small, the staircase was dark and narrow, breakfast area was little, and the upstairs had so much wasted space. The upstairs hallway area (they call it a "Loft") was furnished with a formal desk, as if anyone would actually use that small dark corner as office space. Oh, plus the back porch goes all along the master bedroom wall, so no privacy there. They really should tweak the layout in that house. I could go on and on about that house, but I'll stop. The other two we saw were okay. We skipped the fifth house in Bellewood.

LOVED the houses in Copperleaf Glen! A couple things I would change here and there, but overall they were beautiful. One house has a really bad lot, though- it's right next to one of those little retention ponds. And the front door is at the corner of the house with a porch wrapping slightly around to the side, so it overlooks the pond. Beautiful house, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary