Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 02:56 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,778,829 times

Advertisements

Why are they allowing a handful of lawbreakers to block a major road in downtown Raleigh. These people have been laying in the street for over an hour blocking traffic. What has happened to law enforcement in this country. Are police so fearful of doing their job these days that this type of behavior is going to be the norm. Seems there is no longer consequences for breaking the law or just flipping the bird to authority of any type ..... what a sorry state this country is falling into

Old 10-29-2015, 03:04 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,456,667 times
"Falling into"? That's actually where this country began. Remember the opposition to the Stamp Act? The Boston Tea Party? Why, that's the very stuff we're made of.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
"Falling into"? That's actually where this country began. Remember the opposition to the Stamp Act? The Boston Tea Party? Why, that's the very stuff we're made of.
So you condone that 6 people that don't agree with something can shut down traffic and cause major traffic problems and be allowed to lay in a public street for hours. There are legal ways to protest policy, you can vote !! ... oh wait a minute these folks aren't citizens so I guess the only way to get their point across is to lay in the street

Old 10-29-2015, 03:18 PM

369 posts, read 461,849 times
Take a different route. You are in DTR, shouldn't be that hard to avoid a blocked road.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:18 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
So you condone that 6 people that don't agree with something can shut down traffic and cause major traffic problems and be allowed to lay in a public street for hours. There are legal ways to protest policy, you can vote !! ... oh wait a minute these folks aren't citizens so I guess the only way to get their point across is to lay in the street
How do you know? Have you been knowingly sheltering illegal immigrants?

Old 10-29-2015, 03:20 PM

19,464 posts, read 27,976,499 times
For those like me who were clueless what this was all about, from WRAL:

Protesters block entrance to governor's mansion — People protesting Gov. Pat McCrory's decision to sign into law a proposal outlawing sanctuary cities in North Carolina and prohibiting the use of IDs issued by foreign governments have blocked the entrance to the Executive Mansion in downtown Raleigh.

also: http://www.wral.com/sanctuary-city-b...test/15040368/From that article:

House Bill 318, dubbed the Protect North Carolina Workers Act, also requires state and local government agencies to use the E-Verify system to check the legal status of job applicants and contractors, bars government agencies or law enforcement from using consular or embassy documents to verify someone's identity or residence and limits food assistance for able-bodied, childless adults who are unemployed.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/sanctuary-city-b...yWlI3rFjbEc.99

Old 10-29-2015, 03:24 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,456,667 times
Quote:
Please explain why you believe that the protesters aren't citizens.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
Please explain why you believe that the protesters aren't citizens.
My heartburn is not with this movement, I couldn't care less about the issue. My heartburn is with the police not enforcing laws because they are concerned that by doing so they will be targeted for racism.
We are tying the hands of the people we hire to protect all citizens.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:45 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,039,678 times
So that's what I ran into . I saw the blue lights and detoured over to East street instead of Blount. I just don't know why people think stunts like this really get much positive attention. If anything, playing with people's evening commute home is not the smartest tactic to gain favor for any cause.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:08 PM

613 posts, read 748,061 times
Quote:
My heartburn is not with this movement, I couldn't care less about the issue. My heartburn is with the police not enforcing laws because they are concerned that by doing so they will be targeted for racism.
We are tying the hands of the people we hire to protect all citizens.
How could it be racism? The cops look white to me. Hispanic is an ethnicity not a race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary