Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 08:29 AM

43,313 posts, read 77,154,614 times

Advertisements

Does anyone in the know have any information on the proceedings at Crooked Creek GC?

Enquiring Minds, and all that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 01:45 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,730,738 times
I forgot all about that herp-derp golf course development. I too would be interested if anyone knows what's going on with it.

For anyone not aware or needs a refresher:
Crooked Creek Golf Course in Fuquay-Varina to close for housing development | News & Observer

Old 04-16-2016, 02:14 PM

5,896 posts, read 6,963,646 times
They have a web page with some good info
FOCC FAQ - Friends of Crooked Creek

Their latest news sounds like the owners may have a case to prevail
News 4Q 2015 - Friends of Crooked Creek

Old 04-16-2016, 03:08 PM

9,146 posts, read 14,773,090 times
I'm interested as well as last I'd heard is all the big guys weren't willing to touch it with a ten foot pole due to the neighborhood issues.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:35 PM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,730,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
They have a web page with some good info
FOCC FAQ - Friends of Crooked Creek

Their latest news sounds like the owners may have a case to prevail
News 4Q 2015 - Friends of Crooked Creek
Quote:
Q. What happens if you succeed and render the land unusable for anything but golf, but the owners cannot afford to keep the course open?

A. The golf course owners promised the community a golf course, and we expect the owners to honor that promise. We are not trying to force the owners to stay in business. If the owners cannot keep the course open, then they will have every incentive to sell the course to an experienced golf-course manager who can operate the course profitably. If we prevail in the lawsuit, this will be the only viable option for the golf course owners, because the property will be subject to a golf-only restriction, and the property will be worth far more as a functioning golf course than as vacant land.
That really makes me chuckle. That FAQ makes it sound "oh so simple" about things. Yeah it's probably going to just end up as vacant land because nobody is going to want to re-attempt a failed golf course there and have to deal with the neighbors.

Maybe the neighborhood should buy it and run it themselves.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:41 PM

252 posts, read 276,055 times
Such a shame, drove by it today on hilltop needmore rd and the weeds have taken over. Makes me wonder if the houses lost quite a bit of value, instead of living on hole 13, you look out you back door and see nothing but knee/ waist high weeds.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:38 PM

450 posts, read 1,351,335 times
Wake County made an offer to purchase part of the land (the driving range, south of hilltop-needmore) to build an elementary school. I have seen a contract and feasibility sketch, but not 100% sure if the contract has been signed by both parties. Lots of contingencies even if it has been.

There is a rezoning hearing on Monday night, with someone (the golf course owners?) attempting to rezone 26 acres on the north side of hilltop, where the clubhouse is, to commercial.

The lawsuit is still in process. My understanding is a judge will either make a decision or refer it to a jury within the next couple of weeks. Homes right on the course did lose significant tax value, but there have been some sales. Other parts of the neighborhood seem to be holding up well, with sales happening more quickly and at higher prices than in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary