Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 12:26 PM

812 posts, read 832,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
I envision triangle families in the future discussing what to do next Saturday. "we can go the beach and spend the day or we can go to Wegmans and spend the day" ..... sounds like Wegmans might come out on top with a lot of people

That might be what Wegmans is thinking too -especially with their initially desired site in Cary along Cary Towne Blvd just off I40 near crazy busy Hwy1/440-I40 junction. Very central location easily drawing from Raleigh, Apex and HS as well as Cary. Heck, why chose one, pop into there on the way to the Beach!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 12:26 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,605,367 times
Would it kill one of these groceries to come to Durham? Literally it would not

Chapel Hill?

Old 07-22-2016, 01:23 PM

70 posts, read 162,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post

Chapel Hill?
I know they're putting in a harris teeter in Brier Creek, I'm surprised their hasn't been more development around 70 and Miami. Bunch of large communities have recently been built and the 2 closest grocers are a poor man's food lion.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:28 PM

93,398 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Wegmans is much more higher end and international fare than Publix. It's an elite store.
Not really. I will say that I tend to get the Wegmans brand for quite a few things and it is of high quality at a reasonable price, IMO. Just make sure to get you Wegmans Shoppers Club Card when it arrives.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:49 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,782 times
Quote:

Chapel Hill?
I believe Publix proposed a store in North Durham by Willowhaven, but I don't know if the city approved it or not.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:01 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,258,889 times
Quote:

Chapel Hill?

I agree 100%. There's the old HT spot in Homestead Market available and the closed Wal-Mart on MLK. Spaces ready in the ever-so-trendy South Durham.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:05 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,782 times
Walmart wouldn't sell it's building to a competitor (that includes Grocery stores) so that's out, but there is a 14 acre Retail opportunity on Barbee and 54 that I would keep my eyes on. Something tells me a grocery store could go there.That store also had theft issues.

The space that HT vacated at Homestead Market is almost exactly the same size as a Publix, and could be expanded to accommodate one. I've wondered about what could possibly go into that space a few times before and came back with multiple possibilities.

There are a few other areas in Durham that I would think are great places for Supermarkets but I'm not disclosing where they are.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:35 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders View Post
I know they're putting in a harris teeter in Brier Creek, I'm surprised their hasn't been more development around 70 and Miami. Bunch of large communities have recently been built and the 2 closest grocers are a poor man's food lion.
How soon could Publix open a store in Brier Creek?

Old 07-22-2016, 08:36 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
I believe Publix proposed a store in North Durham by Willowhaven, but I don't know if the city approved it or not.
You would be referring to North River Village. I have not heard anything new on it lately.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:46 PM

346 posts, read 339,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
I agree 100%. There's the old HT spot in Homestead Market available and the closed Wal-Mart on MLK. Spaces ready in the ever-so-trendy South Durham.
I've been saying this for years Southwest Durham and North Raleigh are pretty affluent yet time and time again C.A.R.Y gets the development. I just shrug I have no interest in driving out that way when I'm in town. The old Harris Teeter spot in Southpoint looks tailor made for a Trader Joes but it just sits there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary