Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 05:25 AM

57 posts, read 250,944 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been sucessful working for the University's temp service? I am moving to the area soon. My husband is already employed so my income is not important but necessary before long.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 AM

847 posts, read 3,523,161 times
I worked with UNC Tarheel Temps for a while, several years ago though. At the time, it was very easy to get temp work, especially if you had spreadsheet skills, and very-especially if you have Access/database skills. Typical office-setting jobs were office assistant and research assistant. It is also the perfect way to get a permanent job; it's a little hard to get your foot in the door otherwise. At the time, they required a typing test for any of the office positions, but did not require a certain speed. Some offices used the temps as pretty-much permanent employees, due to budget constraints of hiring workers with benefits, etc. (there were no health benefits for temps).

Good luck, and welcome!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:40 AM

43 posts, read 58,300 times
I used Tar Heel Temps a lot back in the 1990s. If you have decent technical skills and can type at all, it wasn't hard to find work. At the time I was playing in a band and couldn't have a full time job due to touring, and they were able to get me work pretty much any time I was in town.

I also eventually ended up taking a full-time job that I started as a temp.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
might want to try this also.

Veritude Jobs: Jobs and Careers (http://www.veritudejobs.com/Jobs_and_Careers/ - broken link)

Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,624 times
Default help!!!

my name is jessica lucas and i was wondering if anyone knew the phone number to tar heel temps in orange county, nc?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:02 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica lucas View Post
my name is jessica lucas and i was wondering if anyone knew the phone number to tar heel temps in orange county, nc?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tarheel+temps+phone+number

Old 09-02-2009, 08:22 PM

29 posts, read 68,539 times
I did not have any luck with them, maybe you will do better. They don't list jobs online, just call you if they have something that matches your resume. Also, you have to send everything by mail, they don't take emailed applications.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:29 AM

49 posts, read 174,384 times
I had 2 jobs with them last summer. I was asked to stay on permanently for one of them (I didn't) and I didn't like the other one. They called me quite a bit, but I turned down a lot of the jobs b/c I didn't want to work in the medical field (I was using the temp services for networking, not just a paycheck). I have a lot of computer/admin skills so I think that may be why I was called so often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary