Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:14 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times

Advertisements

My daughter's co-worker paid $2K/mo for a 3BR apt in Brier Creek. What an overpriced piece of flimsy junk.

Mice came because of nearby building. Lovely landlord handed out mouse traps instead of getting exterminator service.

Brier Creek is home to way too many overpaid transplants with no idea what things ought to cost in Raleigh.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:25 PM

168 posts, read 500,087 times
Hey Saturn, I think that I can save you a bit of time. From now on, simply reply to a post, when you feel the urge, simply by typing your name. We do not need any content, we already know what you are going to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
My daughter's co-worker paid $2K/mo for a 3BR apt in Brier Creek. What an overpriced piece of flimsy junk.

Mice came because of nearby building. Lovely landlord handed out mouse traps instead of getting exterminator service.

Brier Creek is home to way too many overpaid transplants with no idea what things ought to cost in Raleigh.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:32 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh1005 View Post
It ("Trali") did open this past Friday. I went with a couple of friends on Sunday to have beer and watch golf. It's isn't a large bar as expected but is bigger than one would think just driving by.

They were still working out some kinks of course but I definitely plan on frequenting the establishment. We tried to go have some Shepard's Pie on Monday but of course it was way too packed for that!

I already told my wife that on those nights she and my daughter goto bed way earlier than I, I'll be making my way there.

I'm very curious how it will be. We can walk there so hopefully something good will finally open in that shopping center.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:34 PM

403 posts, read 352,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone65 View Post
Hey Saturn, I think that I can save you a bit of time. From now on, simply reply to a post, when you feel the urge, simply by typing your name. We do not need any content, we already know what you are going to say.

LOL. I almost fell off my chair laughing, Not that I made that comment, because of course I would not , but I can't stop laughing.

As far as Brier Creek is concerned, it is extremely congested with traffic. Other than that, I think it is a fine community. Most people that complain about it will be people that are jealous that other people can afford to live there and they cannot or old school people that want everything to remain a hay field. The community has a lot to offer, good quality homes and upscale owners, which help make it a nice place to live. I know a lot of people who live there and they LOVE it.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Rather broad assumption based on one apartment huh? Your assumption about overpaid transplants sounds full of envy.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:39 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
Quote:

What apts in Brier Creek charge $2k a month?

Old 03-18-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Rather broad assumption based on one apartment huh? Your assumption about overpaid transplants sounds full of envy.
Definitely not.

I would never want to live in such a plastic, showoff community.

My diverse area of North Raleigh is not loaded with McMansions occupied by persons showing how wasteful one can be of natural resources when they think they are in pig heaven with their "bubble" profits from overpriced areas.

Neighbors proudly park trucks on lawns without HOA's chiding them about lowering precious property values.

This is the real South, not transplanted suburbia from NY, NJ, or CA.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
What apts in Brier Creek charge $2k a month?
I'm guessing the new ones being built by the school. There are also new ones across from applebees that are pretty big.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Definitely not.

I would never want to live in such a plastic, showoff community.

My diverse area of North Raleigh is not loaded with McMansions occupied by persons showing how wasteful one can be of natural resources when they think they are in pig heaven with their "bubble" profits from overpriced areas.

Neighbors proudly park trucks on lawns without HOA's chiding them about lowering precious property values.

This is the real South, not transplanted suburbia from NY, NJ, or CA.
Well now you've changed topics about the neighborhood. Your initial comment was about overpaid transplants.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:46 PM

That's who tends to buy the McMansions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary