Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 12:53 PM

7 posts, read 13,122 times

Advertisements

I want to go for a natural delivery. I had a normal one before. WakeMed Cary is very good I have heard. I have toured both WakeMed Cary and WakeMed North and I like both only difference is North is very high-end, bigger rooms, new, less crowded. so I am confused where to go. Plus I like my OB who is from WakeMed Morrisville location and delivers at WakeMed Cary but have not seen any reviews yet for WakeMed Morrisville OB/GYNs. Morrisville location has just few OBs hence I am comfortable with both OBs in rotation. Also any experiences with nurses at WakeMed Cary and WakeMed North? coz finally they are the ones to be with me mostly during labor. I am thinking of hiring a doula as well. I would like a place where the mom has a say on how she wants to go through the labor like sitting in tub/shower, walk/move and not made to stay on bed hooked to 10 different things. I am 20 weeks far along so need to decide soon because that will have me change my OB.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/experiences.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 10:51 AM

230 posts, read 255,593 times
I delivered at Rex because the birthing center in CH was booked. If I could do it all over again, I would have chosen Wake Med Cary. I've heard wonderful things about their birthing facility. You might also want to check out Baby+Co in Cary. They weren't around when I was expecting.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:51 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,583,272 times
wake med cary has a great snack room for the dads.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:42 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,583,558 times
WakeMed North has staff OBGYNs so you'll likely have a different primary obgyn leading up to the day. Not sure if that matters to you. My friends who have delivered there all had wonderful experiences and loved the larger, newer rooms. They said the doctors were great. I don't think you can go wrong either way...if NICU level of care is of interest your best bet is WakeMed on New Bern Ave as they have the best NICU of the bunch.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:34 PM

7 posts, read 13,122 times
Thanks. So far positive responses for both. I have heard Dr Kennedy is good in wakemed North ob/gyn. If I hire a doula how much will this matter? My main interest is natural delivery.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:11 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,583,558 times
It depends on if the natural is successful. With any delivery there's always a chance that it won't go as planned so I'd want a solid back up option. Also some doulas will only go to certain hospitals so that may answer your question for you right there. Good luck!

Old 11-17-2016, 07:20 AM

63 posts, read 82,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonas View Post
Thanks. So far positive responses for both. I have heard Dr Kennedy is good in wakemed North ob/gyn. If I hire a doula how much will this matter? My main interest is natural delivery.
Doula's make a HUGE difference. Huge. Definitely get a doula. Plus, talking to doulas will give you more information on which hospitals are more natural friendly. They have the real dirt on everything

Oh, and try to google to see if you can find the c-section rates of your hospitals. I know in Florida we have lists, so I can see that say, some hospitals are well over 40%, a few are over 60%. (and no, not just the high risk hospitals, unless ever hospital in my area is high risk)
(1 c-section, 2 unmedicated VBACs, Pregnant with another.)

Old 11-17-2016, 07:25 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,596,747 times
If natural delivery is your top priority, why not go with a midwife? Find a midwife that is under a Doc and you can deliver in a hospital. They will follow your birth plan that you have discussed unless some sort of complication arrives and that would have been previously discussed between you and your midwife prior to birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary