Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 12:14 PM

757 posts, read 2,082,197 times

Advertisements

Hmmm I live in Wake Forest, but I never have to drive on capital blvd. You can even avoid Capital all together going to downtown Raleigh. There are tons of ways around having to get on that road. That's one reason I really like WF.... you just have to know all the back roads to get you there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 12:35 PM

299 posts, read 249,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
Wake Forest is being choked by uncontrolled growth.

At least, Brier Creek is near many employment venues and makes up partly for overcrowding by convenient access to RTP.

I live on Capital and laugh almost daily at the traffic jams filled with people thinking they got such a great deal not staying in Raleigh.

Having a yard, etc, is fine if you get a chance to use them.

Before retiring, I had a 2 mile local commute to a job on Wake Forest Road.

Different strokes for different folks.

You're right. Wake Forest started to really change about 3 years ago. It is now a jammed up mess. Traffic, strip malls and subdivisions. The quality of life has seriously declined.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:42 PM

2,843 posts, read 2,973,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump2016 View Post
You're right. Wake Forest started to really change about 3 years ago. It is now a jammed up mess. Traffic, strip malls and subdivisions. The quality of life has seriously declined.
No where to live in the triangle is good

Old 02-09-2017, 02:01 PM

342 posts, read 387,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson185 View Post
Hmmm I live in Wake Forest, but I never have to drive on capital blvd. You can even avoid Capital all together going to downtown Raleigh. There are tons of ways around having to get on that road. That's one reason I really like WF.... you just have to know all the back roads to get you there.
YES! I completely agree. There are a ton of back roads to get a variety of places from Wake Forest. People on this forum seem to really focus on Capital Blvd and forget that you get get most places an alternate way faster.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
No where to live in the triangle is good

It's changed. The advantages of living in Wake Forest have all but disappeared.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:18 PM

342 posts, read 387,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump2016 View Post
It's changed. The advantages of living in Wake Forest have all but disappeared.
Do you live in Wake Forest? I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

I have lived here for 17 years and don't think that the advantages have disappeared at all. I love living here and know many, many people who love it as well. In many ways it has improved because more stores and restaurants have come to town so that you have to drive out of Wake Forest much less for anything. In fact, I think that while traffic has increased some, the accessibility into Wake Forest has improved greatly the past few years with New Falls of the Neuse widening to 4 lanes and 401 widening as well.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg72nc View Post
Do you live in Wake Forest? I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

I have lived here for 17 years and don't think that the advantages have disappeared at all. I love living here and know many, many people who love it as well. In many ways it has improved because more stores and restaurants have come to town so that you have to drive out of Wake Forest much less for anything. In fact, I think that while traffic has increased some, the accessibility into Wake Forest has improved greatly the past few years with New Falls of the Neuse widening to 4 lanes and 401 widening as well.
Yes live in Wake Forest.... 16 years this coming June. It's used to be reasonably quiet. Now there is an ever present drone from Capital /US 1. Streets that were easy to drive down are full of cars. Yep plenty of chain restaurants have been built. The relative quietness and ease of getting around are gone. There are plenty of areas of North Raleigh that are now quieter and less jammed up than Wake Forest.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:13 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
This thread is confusing. Didn't the OP ask about Wakefield Plantation?

Wakefield is in North Raleigh...not Wake Forest.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:30 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,721,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

This.

To the original point, though, I haven't the slightest idea what could be going on there. Maybe landlords are raising rents and causing people to move out en masse? That's my only guess, as the area isn't even close to becoming undesirable.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:33 PM

166 posts, read 163,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Not only this, but the OP moves quickly from what looks like an unsubstantiated rumor to discussing one particular apartment complex that is not even part of Wakefield Plantation. I have friends that live in Wakefield, and so far I've seen nothing to indicate a mass exodus of the area or housing issues that are different than anywhere else around here, so I'm almost wondering if its one of those innocuous drive by threads? People in Wake Forest complain about overcrowding and rapid growth just like people in Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, etc. do.

Maybe with the realtors we have here someone could confirm or deny the question posed by the OP with some actual data?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary