Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2017, 10:19 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me the laws regarding flat-rate billing for water/sewer for apartments (in Raleigh City Limits)?

I've lived in the same apartment complex for about 8 years and like every apartment complex I've lived in, the city makes them read my separate meter, bill me, and collect for water and sewer.

There have been several management companies. The previous managers hired a firm to read my meter and send me bills based on (my monthly consumption X the city's rate) + some flat admin fees. So my bill varied a few dollars each month, depending on my usage.

The current management company also has a service firm, except that my bill is always exactly to-the-penny the same, regardless of my consumption, and has been for over a year.

I asked the complex manager several times to provide info on how the billing was calculated, but never got an answer.

A Google search on this came back with:
Raleigh water customers to pay according to consumption :: WRAL.com
Which confirms my thought that billing shouldn't be Flat Rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 11:01 AM

678 posts, read 738,526 times
You should live at an apt complex where water & sewer is included in the rent. That's what's done at my complex, and has been going for 6 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: