Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 07:37 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times

Advertisements

Here's a link to CenturyLink's terms of service:

http://www.centurylink.com/tariffs/L...dard_Terms.pdf

Section 1.1 says, in part:

"Your subscription to, use of, or payment for Services constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement."

Section 4.3 says, in part:

"If the Service is terminated by you or CenturyLink before you complete your Term Plan, you agree to pay CenturyLink the applicable early termination fee, which may be either an amount equal to the MRCs multiplied by the number of months remaining in the then current Term Plan, or an amount equal to the discounts on the applicable Service MRCs provided
to you by CenturyLink for each month during the Term Plan in which you maintained the Service."

The end, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 11:48 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,827 times
I had a very similar experience with Directv. Long story short I switched to Spectrum and they reimbursed me the amount of the cancellation fee charged by Directv.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:20 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
The end, unfortunately.
Note also that the standard terms include mandatory arbitration to resolve disputes.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:31 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post

The end, unfortunately.
NEVER underestimate the power of relentlessness.

It's not "The End," until the OP makes it "The End."

OP, call now, and get the rep laughing.
It's a start.

No dice?
Call later and tell them that you have to choose between $450 and eating a roadkill possum for dinner.

Not enough?
Call and tell them that their zombies came out of your tube and ate your Chihuahua washed it down with your favorite Pinot Noir.
And, if they forgive your $450, you won't send your zombies back through the tube.

Etc.

Etc.

Until they lay the old "Cease and Desist" on you. Then you are getting close to "The End," if you mind....

Old 07-11-2017, 12:38 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Do people think CenturyLink was born yesterday? You don't think they've heard the "moving" excuse before?? It does not get you out of the cancellation fee...
Of course it will. If you're moving you can't continue the service. I've used it with many providers....AND re-signed up with them later....at the same address. The same reason that poor customer service plagues these companies is the same reason you can get away with this....no real ability to point the ship in the right direction by whoever is running things.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Maybe, maybe not. But you need to provide proof of your new address. It's not as simple as "tell them you're moving".
Yup, it is. See above. (And I've gotten new customer pricing too...shhhhh)

Old 07-11-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I let them know I'd be filing complaints with every regulatory agency known to man if they tried to cheat me. .
I DID file a complaint against a telecom company once with the PSC. Got my own personal number to call anytime I had trouble

Old 07-12-2017, 04:51 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,581,431 times
All I can say is in my personal experience the folks on the phone with Century link are liars and cheats. Good luck there is no good way to get outta your situation, hope they don't assault your credit.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:44 PM

190 posts, read 199,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
All I can say is in my personal experience the folks on the phone with Century link are liars and cheats. Good luck there is no good way to get outta your situation, hope they don't assault your credit.
Looks like it is the norm now in the US......
Ok I see myself out

Old 07-16-2017, 12:44 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Yes, and they idea of them suing him is ridiculous, they will just send it to collections.

Say.you're.moving.
Many of these lowlife companies will not release you even if you move to a non-serviceable area.

This rottenness is also seen in alarm contracts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: