Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:04 PM

36 posts, read 176,730 times

Advertisements

Windsor Falls Apt is really good. This is surrounded by malls and is very near to Walmart Supercenter. The managment is okay as any complaints are immediately looked into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 04:03 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss.mmm View Post
Windsor Falls Apt is really good. This is surrounded by malls and is very near to Walmart Supercenter. The managment is okay as any complaints are immediately looked into.
Check apartmentratings on that one.

I heard they rehabbed the place, and it might have improved recently.

It does have some serious past issues including a homicide.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:36 PM

89 posts, read 306,334 times
Smile re" negative apartment ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by resnostyle View Post
Hello all,

I recently visited Raleigh, and really liked the area. I visited Camden Crest @
5200 Summit Manor Ln, Raleigh, NC 27613. After reading some ratings, I am wondering are they representative of the service received at these apartments.

I cant tell if these are real complaints or just people talking bad about it.

So, can someone offer more reliable apartment reviews?

We are moving to Raleigh from Michigan and are also going thru ratings. What Ive come to find out after talking to a friend that went there for a reunion and looked at a few places for me, is first...most negative comments are typed when people are seriously mad with the landlord for ANY reason, usually not even what they post. However, we've read rating that went back as far as 9 years and all were the same about roaches and bugs. I was also told Durham is mainly college town so most apartments are partying type, even if they are nice, they can be loud. Its a very hard thing to make a decision when you cant go back and see the place beforehand, we are in that boat as well. We were told the Reserve at Lake Lynnn is not only really reasonable but an excellent choice, its our first on our list I dunno if this helps, but most of the negative comments are just posted when the person is so angry they just want to keep anyone from renting, some say bugs are there some say landlord lied, whatever have you...but if the ratings are half anf half on good/bad ones, its a chance we have to take. If youre reading on roaches alot on the ratings, we did google it and apparently they do have a few in Raleigh but they come from the tree's, so you cant base it on a gross complex. Altho filth does bring them in as well. I saw the reviews on Camden Crest also, it looks amazing for the price, its on our list also

Old 06-04-2008, 06:01 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
You do understand how to interpret the ratings.

As you said, patterns are the key.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:09 PM

98 posts, read 511,799 times
I moved from Michigan a year ago, and I came down and looked at 5 apartments in 2 days, and signed a lease in that time. Hyde Park Apts are really nice and the manager is GREAT. They have a lot of amenities and the neighborhood is very nice. It is in Cary, and walking distance to grocery, restaurants, bars... and my backyard is woodsy and has a creek running thru it. Plus, its 10 minutes to the airport and 15 minutes to downtown.

RIght now I live in a loft apartment with a 1 bedroom. Its very nice because its a top corner unit, we have a W/D, fireplace, dishwasher, and the porches are fairly big and covered. The rent is reasonable, at least for the area (660 for 1br, 740 for my floorplan) I've never had much problems with bugs, just don't be a slob and you're fine. Vacuuming frequently helps, also. But I've never heard my neighbors, and I think I've only seen one neighbor the whole time living here. I also believe there is an on-site police officer (he lives here), so that is a good peace of mind.

I'm moving downtown to a super basic apartment with none of that (but closer to school) and I'm really sad to move out!!!

Good luck!

Old 06-04-2008, 06:18 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times
we love Windemere off of Town and Country between Lead Mine and Creedmoor . .worth checking out

Old 08-01-2008, 03:44 PM

920 posts, read 2,812,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
we love Windemere off of Town and Country between Lead Mine and Creedmoor . .worth checking out
I just met a nice lady who works at Windemere and is soon transferring over to Oberlin Court. I believe her name is Darlene. What do you like about Windemere? What don't you like?

I'm living in corporate housing right now and need to find an unfurnished apartment by mid-October.

I like what I've seen of Inman Park, and IIRC some of the City-data folks have spoken well of them.

What about Olde Raleigh?

Do you know anything about The Villas At Centerview? I think they're brand new.

All these places start looking alike after awhile, don't they?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited by suncat; 08-01-2008 at 05:17 PM..

Old 08-01-2008, 03:54 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times
We love Windemere in North Raleigh

Old 08-01-2008, 04:00 PM

920 posts, read 2,812,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
We love Windemere in North Raleigh
What do you particularly love about it?

Old 08-01-2008, 04:35 PM

941 posts, read 2,302,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
I am glad I own a home, I don't know how people can put up with all that noise, thin walls, bugs, undesirable people in the complexes, inconsiderate tenants or guests in the apartments. I rented on Long Island, but a private home for years, I treated and cared for that place like I owned it. I would always hear horror stories of these complex type settings and that's what kept me away. I would hear good things once in a blue moon, but noise was always a factor even in the nicest places. I rented initally in Brier Creek when moving down, although the rents were a bit higher, the place was nice, clean, the downside was noise from the surrounding neighbors, stereo on after midnight, tv's blaring, dogs barking. I could not put up with that long term. I give you all alot of credit to be renting and putting up with all this. If I am ever in the situation to ever rent again, I would have to do extensive research before settling on one particular place. I would probably consider renting a small home, before considering these complex type settings. Good Luck.
I started to clap my hands when I read this, no matter what complex and how nice it is you always have NOISE!!! my next move is a house for sure. Besides you can rent a nice home for what they charge for these apts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary