Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you commute from Holly Springs to work in RTP?
yes, Holly Springs is great and i commute to RTP 4 12.12%
no, i commute to RTP from some place else 6 18.18%
never, i would never live in Holly Springs to commute to RTP 23 69.70%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 08:03 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
Strange post. If you have a nice shiny new building that promotes collaboration why would you want your employees to work at home? So they can go food shopping, gym, play with kids all day and pretend to work?
You say this like people sitting in shiny offices, pretending to be “busy” are all getting more done.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:02 PM

127 posts, read 135,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
I don't understand why more employers in RTP don't allow their employees to work from home, at least a few days a week. All that driving and commuting to RTP, just to plop your butt in some office chairs. All these "high tech" companies demanding to physically see you in the cube or offices all the time. I don't get it, I would expect people who can afford $500K+ homes to be able to work at home at least one or two days a week
Some do, but personally I prefer to go into the office.
People here spend enough time cooped up in their houses not interacting, why would I want to be stuck there all day too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 04:43 AM

678 posts, read 738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
Strange post. If you have a nice shiny new building that promotes collaboration why would you want your employees to work at home? So they can go food shopping, gym, play with kids all day and pretend to work?
This kind of outdated thinking is (partially) why we have so many traffic and growth problems in this area. There's no reason why all of your employees have to be physically presently in the office 100% of the time to get any work done. Working from home is not for everybody, I get that, but at least give the employees the option to do so.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:12 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
I work with several people who do that commute and they don’t hate it. Some dislike it because it’s kind of far but honestly takes them just as long as it takes me from north/northeast raleigh. They are rezoning schools in holly springs so make sure you’re up on that but it happens a lot anyways. I know my HS coworkers are angry about that one.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:40 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
at this point, the only advice I can give is ... if by "family wants" you mean "wife wants", then OK. But if you're taking your kids' desires into account, wise up. They're not paying the mortgage.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:47 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
This kind of outdated thinking is (partially) why we have so many traffic and growth problems in this area. There's no reason why all of your employees have to be physically presently in the office 100% of the time to get any work done. Working from home is not for everybody, I get that, but at least give the employees the option to do so.
Annnnd I believe this has strayed from the OP's question.

Old 12-06-2017, 03:58 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You say this like people sitting in shiny offices, pretending to be “busy” are all getting more done.
This.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:19 PM

17 posts, read 25,919 times
Thanks all for you inputs.

I have made two offers in HS communities, Wildwood and Stonemont.

I do believe in the HS growth for next 5, 10 and 15 years. If Best Buy comes to HS, i would die happy.

And i do plan to work at home 2 days a week, and 3 days at the office.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc21232 View Post
Thanks all for you inputs.

I have made two offers in HS communities, Wildwood and Stonemont.

I do believe in the HS growth for next 5, 10 and 15 years. If Best Buy comes to HS, i would die happy.

And i do plan to work at home 2 days a week, and 3 days at the office.
I think the Crossroads location in Cary is so large it’s for Apex and HS.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:53 PM

17 posts, read 25,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think the Crossroads location in Cary is so large it’s for Apex and HS.
Ah, thanks for that info about that BB location.

I've been going to the BB at Skyland Ridge Pkwy, bit small than most BB's i'm used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary