Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:25 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of good domain names, a lot of ideas, and no funding.

I want to create multiple Internet-based businesses using my domains, but I'd like to partner with one or more knowledgeable programmers (male or female) to help develop the sites and also to help with crowdfunding and marketing -- and then eventually sell.

I would love to join a Meetup group to get to know programmers before sharing everything and before going into business with them.

Can anyone recommend any good groups in Raleigh? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 04:44 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
From what I have seen, many folks are members of multiple meetups.
You might join a general meetup to meet people, and to be seen.
And, have an elevator speech ready. Too much Red Bull, and short attention spans...

There is a variety of folks come out to this meetup:
https://www.meetup.com/RaleighSEO/
It is a large group that has been around for years.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:05 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
Thanks. Despite its name, it appears most, if not all, of the meetups for that group have been held in Durham.

I prefer to stay in Raleigh.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Thanks. Despite its name, it appears most, if not all, of the meetups for that group have been held in Durham.

Whoops. I haven't been for a couple of years. They always used to be in Raleigh.

Troll the membership list...?

Old 10-03-2018, 11:42 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,728,862 times
Quote:

There's a lot of tech out in the Durham/RTP direction.

If you're serious about this kind of topic you should probably be a tad more flexible on this, just saying. A lot of startups come out of the American Underground in Durham.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:56 AM

79 posts, read 79,716 times
The Python meetup group trizpug meets in the three locations rotating (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill).

Meetings — Triangle Python Users Group: TriPython (formerly TriZPUG)

I'm a Python/Django coding entrepreneur myself. But I don't come up with the ideas, I contract with companies.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:58 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,978,513 times
I thought in 2018 I thought we were past "I have a great idea, looking for someone to do all the work"

Old 10-03-2018, 01:20 PM

806 posts, read 604,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
I thought in 2018 I thought we were past "I have a great idea, looking for someone to do all the work"
Not up to that part yet. They need someone here to type in the search function on Meetup for them first. THEN they want the free labor.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:42 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,544,554 times
https://www.wraltechwire.com/2018/10...-oct-calendar/

To find out what’s happening in cities outside of the Triangle, check out part one of the “Headliners” column.
Another post highlights events in November. Monthly meetups that occur on a regular basis are listed in full here.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I have a lot of good domain names, a lot of ideas, and no funding.

I want to create multiple Internet-based businesses using my domains, but I'd like to partner with one or more knowledgeable programmers (male or female) to help develop the sites and also to help with crowdfunding and marketing -- and then eventually sell.

I would love to join a Meetup group to get to know programmers before sharing everything and before going into business with them.

Can anyone recommend any good groups in Raleigh? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1980 View Post
The Python meetup group trizpug meets in the three locations rotating (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill).

Meetings — Triangle Python Users Group: TriPython (formerly TriZPUG)

I'm a Python/Django coding entrepreneur myself. But I don't come up with the ideas, I contract with companies.
So, Erin and LB,

What does it take to bring you together?
Coffee?

Oh, and funding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary