Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 06:46 AM

6,385 posts, read 5,511,358 times

Advertisements

I'll be going to Angus Barn on Thursday for a work lunch and it will be my first time...ever.

That's right.

And then dad, sister, and I are going Christmas eve too. First two times at Angus Barn mere weeks apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2019, 11:04 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,168,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
When something doesn't make sense it's usually not true.
Some people just have very, very active imaginations that transcend into dramatic posts.

Old 11-29-2019, 12:01 PM

7,829 posts, read 4,576,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
I don’t take it personally, I took it comically. No one is flying to Dallas for steaks, and therefore I think Angus Barn is safe from being worried about Dallas taking their business. It’s like saying Shiki Sushi would shut it’s doors if located in Tokyo. Sometimes all you can do is laugh.
You're right, Shiki Sushi wouldn't close their doors if they relocated to Tokyo, they would mostly just be ignored considering you can get as good if not better sushi at any given subway station in Tokyo.

Personally the Tsukii fish market was my favorite while it was still a going thing.

Old 11-29-2019, 02:39 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,433,378 times
I’ve eaten at Angus Barn several times but always at the request of others. One night, we were there for a celebration dinner with a group of about 12-14....all of the orders came at different times...some finished their meals before others were even served. That night I ordered steak and lobster tail...it was ice cold and I had to send it back. Overall, I think the food is very mediocre and the service has always sub par.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:51 AM

4,266 posts, read 4,724,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Personally the Tsukii fish market was my favorite while it was still a going thing.
Yes, it was spectacular. After years of delays the wholesale part of Tsukiji a/k/a the inner market moved to Toyosu Market last year. The outer market for restaurants and retail at Tsukiji remains open, but I haven't been there since the wholesalers left.

Old 12-04-2019, 08:35 AM

495 posts, read 1,079,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Yes, it was spectacular. After years of delays the wholesale part of Tsukiji a/k/a the inner market moved to Toyosu Market last year. The outer market for restaurants and retail at Tsukiji remains open, but I haven't been there since the wholesalers left.
Was at Tsukiji outer market just two weeks ago. Still going strong with a bunch of street vendors selling freshly-prepared seafood items. The food scene in Tokyo as a whole spoils you for any other city. Love those restaurants where you order and pay vending machine style at the door then walk in to get your food within minutes.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:54 PM

7,829 posts, read 4,576,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheronNC View Post
Was at Tsukiji outer market just two weeks ago. Still going strong with a bunch of street vendors selling freshly-prepared seafood items. The food scene in Tokyo as a whole spoils you for any other city. Love those restaurants where you order and pay vending machine style at the door then walk in to get your food within minutes.
Yeah, I've kind of wondered why someone doing a ramen place hasn't picked up on the idea of recreating that quirky but fun aspect of dropping in for a bowl in Tokyo. (Although watching how many folks can barely operate a self-service checkout in a grocery store, it could be more trouble than it's worth)

Old 12-05-2019, 12:53 PM

6,385 posts, read 5,511,358 times
I was today years old when I first visited the Angus Barn. Food was delicious (probably pre-diabetic from the Chocolate Chess Pie though) and it was a company sponsored event so my wallet was spared....

I do think that parking lot is in the running for the biggest cluster$%#* in the Triangle though. Yikes. Move-over Crossroads, Eastgate, and Crabtree.... Angus Barn is coming for you.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:15 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,071,955 times
I was told that they expanded their parking. I found a space because I was lucky and someone was coming out. So I didn't get to see if there was parking elsewhere.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:30 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,826,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I was today years old when I first visited the Angus Barn. Food was delicious (probably pre-diabetic from the Chocolate Chess Pie though) and it was a company sponsored event so my wallet was spared....

I do think that parking lot is in the running for the biggest cluster$%#* in the Triangle though. Yikes. Move-over Crossroads, Eastgate, and Crabtree.... Angus Barn is coming for you.
Ha ha ha! Back in the early 90s when I worked there, parking was tight (hence the valet parking). Us employees had parking down in the gravel lot and even then, customers were parked down there, too.

Glad you enjoyed it. It's a great restaurant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary