Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 09:01 AM

11 posts, read 9,589 times

Advertisements

Thank you! That is another good question since I have never been in North Carolina! LOL But I have this fixed idea about North Carolina and we are going on August to know a little better about the area. My husband has a friend who moved to Apex but it seems not all Apex has cable service which scares me since I can't survive without Netflix and Prime Video... From what I saw on line, Carry seems to be a good option, close to the Airport, but any location suggestion would be much appreciate. Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 09:06 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
You will have cable in Apex. Or, Cary.

What is important to you in a home?
# of bedrooms, # of baths, etc.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:06 AM

I am retired and my husband works from home. So schools not a consideration except for the home value. Good schools help to sell houses. Do you have areas with not so good schools? Thanks again!

Old 07-03-2019, 09:16 AM

Mike, my husband has a friend who moved (he built) to Apex. But no cable service where he is which scares me a little...From what I saw on line, Carry really looks like a good option. We don't need a huge home but we like good size rooms. Two beds (good size master and good size master bath with huge shower) and one nice size office plus 2 car garage, around 2000 SqFt. We prefer one level maximum 2 levels. Most important that the office is not in the middle of the house so that my husband can work and if I want I can watch my series without disturbing him. That is a big plus. If you know about a house like this please let me know...

Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisCarioca View Post
Mike, my husband has a friend who moved (he built) to Apex. But no cable service where he is which scares me a little...From what I saw on line, Carry really looks like a good option. We don't need a huge home but we like good size rooms. Two beds (good size master and good size master bath with huge shower) and one nice size office plus 2 car garage, around 2000 SqFt. We prefer one level maximum 2 levels. Most important that the office is not in the middle of the house so that my husband can work and if I want I can watch my series without disturbing him. That is a big plus. If you know about a house like this please let me know...

Your husband's friend may have a USPS Apex mailing address, but the house is most likely not actually in the Town limits.
Cable is everywhere.
All you have to do is say you won't buy a house without cable.

Would you consider a 55+ active adult community?

Old 07-03-2019, 09:34 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
There are areas of Apex without cable service - my nephew's friend's grandparents live down Olive Chapel on acreage and they have not had it. They are actually happy about the development out that way since they will be getting service.

But OP - if you live in a subdivision you will have cable service. Your friend may have built a stand alone house somewhere in the boonies of Apex and that may be his problem. It's important to have all the details.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
There are areas of Apex without cable service - my nephew's friend's grandparents live down Olive Chapel on acreage and they have not had it. They are actually happy about the development out that way since they will be getting service.

But OP - if you live in a subdivision you will have cable service. Your friend may have built a stand alone house somewhere in the boonies of Apex and that may be his problem. It's important to have all the details.
Is the acreage actually in town, city taxes, etc? Or, just an Apex USPS mailing address?

Portions of the Olive Chapel Rd. area are not annexed into town and only will be when they are developed.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:24 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisCarioca View Post
...We don't need a huge home but we like good size rooms. Two beds (good size master and good size master bath with huge shower) and one nice size office plus 2 car garage, around 2000 SqFt. We prefer one level maximum 2 levels. Most important that the office is not in the middle of the house so that my husband can work and if I want I can watch my series without disturbing him...
There are DelWebb homes by Pulte which would fit your requirements. The houses are not too old, but they are typically on smaller, low-maintence lots. Frequently they have offices with glass doors. Carolina Arbors (with a Durham address) has a few resales. Carolina Preserve is in Cary and is attactive to people with grandchildren living nearby. These are both 55+ communities with lots of amenities.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:46 PM

Price range up to 400,000. Tks!

Old 07-04-2019, 02:25 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
are you buying next month, or looking? I assume just looking. Are you buying within 12 months, or 4 years when he retires?

Since you've never been here, come down, look around, enjoy yourself! To to get a feel for what life would be like - I'm sure it's very different from CT. Nothing here is "big city".

You're not likely to find a $400K or less, new construction, with lots of trees. You'll get tract-built, small lots, no old trees. 1/4 of new construction in the last 12 months in Wake County - home to Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Fuquay Varina, Wake Forest - is on a lot > 0.2 acres. And only 1/3 of those - so 1 out of 12 - are in any of those towns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary