Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:58 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure people in the HOA neighborhoods would be too happy about the possiblity of the county turning their former amenity centers or greenspaces into whatever community, senior, special needs center they chose after taking title. I am trolling this board because Charleston is dead business wise at the moment and wanted to get a mood for Raleigh. Sounds similar.

Here we have had the county/cities basically condem unfinished homes and buildings and razed them. This was to avoid vandalism, vagrancy and in one or two cases fire risks. I've also seen one development stop mid stream and redevelop at a lower price point with the size and finishes of the second round houses reflecting that lower cost. That did not go over well and lawsuits ensued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,001 times
What is the other business which is "thriving" that Diversified Communities is involved in? I am one of the poor dopes who invested my life savings the company that developed and abandoned L'Hermitage and the developers took all my life savings. I cannot find them. I would love to know the name of the other business that they are operating in the area which is thriving. Perhaps I can at least make contact with them and start to get my money back! Can you post it

Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times
So what about the residents of the community? What are their options? I have a friend here in Atlanta in a similiar situation where she bought into a townhome subdivision and she has only one neighbor and 10 boarded up townhomes surrounding her property. She has had her door kicked in several times and has the place secured and locked up like Fort Knox while THUGS mill around her just plotting to get inside of her house and steal her items. What can the people who bought into these developments do? Just leave the place? Is there a way to work out an arrangement with the mortage companies due to their situations? Would they understand? She has tons of police reports, broken doors, windows home and car to show them. http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...bdivision.html

Last edited by Atlantasfinest; 08-08-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 08-08-2009, 11:32 AM

16 posts, read 33,373 times
Diversified builders are out of New Jersey and may be out of business. They came to Raleigh in the heydays building boom thinking they were going to expand. Through poor mangement and vision they started something they could not finish and Apex now has an eyesore and some very unhappy home owners as well as people who invested. You would have to google their name in New Jersey and see what you come up with. Good Luck!! They me money as well.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,486 times
Jack Hoyt

I was the PM when Le Hermatage broke ground.

The Learning Center franchise group out of Parsippany, NJ is what you are looking for.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:11 PM

306 posts, read 882,913 times
Do you mean The Learning EXPERIENCE Franchise Group??

Old 12-01-2009, 02:47 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
So what about the residents of the community? What are their options? I have a friend here in Atlanta in a similiar situation where she bought into a townhome subdivision and she has only one neighbor and 10 boarded up townhomes surrounding her property. She has had her door kicked in several times and has the place secured and locked up like Fort Knox while THUGS mill around her just plotting to get inside of her house and steal her items. What can the people who bought into these developments do? Just leave the place? Is there a way to work out an arrangement with the mortage companies due to their situations? Would they understand? She has tons of police reports, broken doors, windows home and car to show them. http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...bdivision.html
Probably nobody would buy on a short sale, so the bank may not be of assistance.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy will erase the debt if you qualify.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:22 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,863,564 times
Default l'Hermitage now called Olive Chapel park and purchased by GreenHawk

seeing as this thread is topical again, I read in the N&O back in October that the l'Hermitage development was purchased from bankruptcy by GreenHawk Corporation for $5m and renamed Olive Chapel Park. Let's hope it has more luck this time. The full story is attached.

GreenHawk snags ailing subdivision - Real Estate - NewsObserver.com

Old 12-01-2009, 04:28 PM

513 posts, read 1,604,687 times
any idea if they started finishing the houses?

Old 12-01-2009, 05:27 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshallen View Post
any idea if they started finishing the houses?
I read on another message board that they have started work on some townhouses but I haven't been by there myself in a long time. Maybe next time I head to the new Walmart in Apex I'll take a detour to check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary