Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 04:38 AM

3 posts, read 7,016 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions on a Vet in the area? I live in North Raleigh but I'll travel for the right vet. I'm looking for one who is resonable on cost and provides great personal service. Emma, our lab, says thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
You might consider Garner Animal Hospital. They offer a good common sense approach to vet care at a good price...and very friendly staff too. They're on highway 70 business in Garner...and btw we travel there from North Hills.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:12 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,793 times
I live in N Raleigh and use Bayleaf Vet. They are close and I really like Dr. Wilson (owner). I like him best .. but not so sure they are all that reasonable. I do like when I have emergencies, that most often I can actually get a hold of them.. which was important to me. I also have one that comes to the house (Pet-Vet Practice). but I don't think she is taking anyone new (gives discounts on multiple pets)... I've heard of another one that comes to your home is - Purr & Bark vet services. I see their van quite a bit. Hope that helps a little.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:52 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times
I recommend Falls Village Vet Hospital. From vets to staff, everyone is friendly, attentive, and always takes the time to listen to your questions/concerns. I've taken dogs there for routine shots, teeth cleaning (for a sighthound - which can be tricky), and injuries.
North Raleigh Vet Animal Hospital - Falls Village Veterinary Hospital

Old 05-18-2008, 08:59 AM

12 posts, read 68,284 times
we go to Glenwood Animal Hospital (just north of Crabree Valley Mall). we love Dr Strunck. the whole staff is very kind and knowledgeable though. High recommendations for this group.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:22 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,577,091 times
Bowman Animal Hospital on Creedmoor just south of I-540 is fantastic. They offer traditional as well as newly emerging treatments and have a great staff. Cost wise I find them to be reasonable and they are very, very easy to work with.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 PM

324 posts, read 1,285,761 times
I also use Bowman Animal Hospital. Dr. Silverstein was very compassionate during a very difficult time for us. I've seen many of the other vets there too and they are all great. I trust them completely. Sometimes though I find their prices to be high, but that is pretty normal for the city vets. I go to North Wake Animal Hospital for things I feel are routine or simple procedures like dentals, spneuters, etc. They cost much less and only require proof of vaccinations prior to doing a procedure. But for all my main diagnoses and regular health checks I think Bowman Animal Hospital is the best care I can provide for my pets. The other thing I like about them are the late hours during weekdays for those who can't get off work, and they also are open Saturday & Sunday which is great considering things don't always happen at the most convenient times. I've always been given my vets cell phone numbers and have used them a couple times for the times when they aren't open, they are always so helpful and willing to talk to me even though they are not at work.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:14 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times
Dr. Jon's place, Magnolia Animal Hospital, on Capital. Used him 12 years.

Great doctor with good prices.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:52 PM

99 posts, read 326,235 times
I take both of my dogs to Dr. Farmer at Greystone Animal Hospital. She is very caring and her prices are very reasonable. She does a lot of work with a local rescue group that I adopted my dog from.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:25 PM

108 posts, read 397,374 times
Bowman is completely awesome! We take our two dogs to see Dr. Allie and would never go anywhere else. She also made a home visit (for a pretty reasonable price) for our cat who has heart disease. Their staff is incredibly friendly and always takes the time to greet and play with our pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary