Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:18 AM

89 posts, read 306,357 times

Advertisements

My husbands job is bringing us to Raleigh on September 1st and Id like to know a few things Ive tried to check out online but different sites have different answers.
First, Im coming from Michigan (the home of humidity all year long, rain all summer, no blue skies), so my first Q is how are the summers in Raleigh? I can handle humid as long as I have some blue skies you know? We moved here from California where its all blue most of the time, back in 2002 and so far we've felt like we're suffocating by lack of sky.
Secondly, someone please tell me theres more than one Starbucks! Yes, Im an addict but when we moved to MI, we found our city only had one in a grocery store and they couldnt make a drink to save their lives! I know it sounds like a lame question but we've been diehard starbucks addicts on a daily basis since 1992. Yes its possible!
Finally, when we moved to michigan we noticed the churches are all very different from what we believe in as christians. Are there normal baptist, methodist and other churches there? Youd be surprised if you knew what we had here!
Thanks...i cant wait to go to the Cheesecake Factory for my fav chicken salad sandwich! Here we have to drive 3 hours to Chicago, (which is gorgeous) and shop and eat there lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 10:08 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,769,505 times
It can be very hot and humid here by July and August, but you'll at least get blue skies. Last year we got more blue sky than we wanted. No rain at all.

There are tons of Starbucks around. I think I have 6 in a 3 or 4 mile radius of me (counting grocery store ones).

Old 05-26-2008, 10:15 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,773,627 times
We get mostly afternoon thunderstorms but the rest of the days are nice, hot and humid. We have tons of Starbucks, there are even several drive-through Starbucks near us. Lots of different churches too.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:18 AM

121 posts, read 388,436 times
Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefrontgirl View Post
My husbands job is bringing us to Raleigh on September 1st and Id like to know a few things Ive tried to check out online but different sites have different answers.
First, Im coming from Michigan (the home of humidity all year long, rain all summer, no blue skies), so my first Q is how are the summers in Raleigh? I can handle humid as long as I have some blue skies you know? We moved here from California where its all blue most of the time, back in 2002 and so far we've felt like we're suffocating by lack of sky.
Secondly, someone please tell me theres more than one Starbucks! Yes, Im an addict but when we moved to MI, we found our city only had one in a grocery store and they couldnt make a drink to save their lives! I know it sounds like a lame question but we've been diehard starbucks addicts on a daily basis since 1992. Yes its possible!
Finally, when we moved to michigan we noticed the churches are all very different from what we believe in as christians. Are there normal baptist, methodist and other churches there? Youd be surprised if you knew what we had here!
Thanks...i cant wait to go to the Cheesecake Factory for my fav chicken salad sandwich! Here we have to drive 3 hours to Chicago, (which is gorgeous) and shop and eat there lol
The summers are long and hot (humid too). Expect lots of sunny skies!

Starbucks is all over the Triangle area. At last count Raleigh has 19 of them.

You will find a church for practically any denomination here, including "normal" Baptist (Are there abnormal Baptists in MI?). Just kidding!

You are going to love the Triangle area!

Old 05-27-2008, 02:32 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU (esp on the Starbucks info) lol

Old 05-27-2008, 02:42 PM

337 posts, read 1,138,321 times
You can't swing a dead cat with out hitting a Starbucks around here.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:45 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,340,922 times
I think there are more Starbucks around here than tabacco plant stocks in the fields....I heard it put that one one time and I got all chocked up about it!! Needless to say we have our overly fair share of Star bucks. But don't discount McDonald's coffee I hear that is pretty good and a whole lot cheaper. Duncan Donuts is good also.

Plenty of sun here too, to go with that coffee. Sprinkle some humidity on it in the summer and walaa a great summer day is always a brewing down here.

We also have our faith based mixture of churches. From traditional Christan ones to your public school variety weekend masses or get together. I'm sure you will fin done to your liking down here.

Good luck in your move south! Let me be the first to say, 'Hey'..

Old 05-28-2008, 02:54 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,158,405 times
McDonald's coffee beat Starbucks in Consumer Reports.

Most Mickeys now have mocha and latte along with iced coffee. Way cheaper than Starbucks.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:55 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,754,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleighmark View Post
You can't swing a dead cat with out hitting a Starbucks around here.
or a church or on most days blue skies. So you'll be fine here.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:04 AM

EWWWW McDonalds coffee isnt better! Actually my friends daughter managed one and she said they dont sell more coffee by customers choice, they mail out free coffee of your choice coupons, apparently billions get mailed per day so people are using them, but they arent actually paying for the mcd's coffees. Ive been a mocha/latte drinker since I lived in Germany in the 80s, starbucks is my favorite. I will say however that for regular coffee I just make Folgers at home. For a mocha or whatever I go to starbucks daily, have since 1992. My daughter manages one so I get her "perks" of free coffee!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary