Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:06 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
CMS is among the top paying school district in North Carolina but as a former CMS teacher, I certainly wouldn't recommend teaching there.
Just lurking in this thread, but please remember that you're talking to people outside the area who don't understand the acronym "CMS" (or many, many other acronyms people use in here, forgetting that the people asking are in other states, often!). Please (in all threads) spell out what you're saying at least once instead of using acronyms

I presume she means Charlotte/Mecklenburg Schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 12:06 PM

16 posts, read 38,130 times
Yes, what does CM mean?

Old 05-30-2008, 01:47 PM
9/9

383 posts, read 565,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit city View Post
Yes, what does CM mean?
Charlotte/Mecklenburg Schools

Old 05-30-2008, 03:14 PM

615 posts, read 1,502,889 times
I teach in Johnston County(came in from NJ last year) and they required that I be HQ(Highly Qualified) which meant I had to have taken and passed the Praxis.

I can only speak from my own personal experience but when I was looking for a teaching job last year prior to our move here, Wake County wouldnt give me the time of day, and Johnston County was beating down my door.(3 job offers). The pay didnt seem that big of difference to me and housing in Johnston County was MUCH less. Plus I like the country feel here in Johnston County, rather than the subdivision-y, suburban(mall-ish) feel of Wake County. But that is PURELY personal preference obviously. There are TONS of nice areas/neighborhoods here and I'm only 25 minutes from Raleigh(we were there this past Saturday for the movie in the park at Moore's Square). The same new house we bought this past winter in Johnston County probably would have been 100,000+ more in Wake, with a smaller lot.

We love it here and don't have to deal with redistricting/year round schooling or traffic in the morning(nice country 10 minute drive) etc....and I love the school where I work and where our daughter attends school(which happen to be the same place..LOL)

Old 06-01-2008, 03:11 PM

64 posts, read 287,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Just lurking in this thread, but please remember that you're talking to people outside the area who don't understand the acronym "CMS" (or many, many other acronyms people use in here, forgetting that the people asking are in other states, often!). Please (in all threads) spell out what you're saying at least once instead of using acronyms

I presume she means Charlotte/Mecklenburg Schools?

Thanks for the clarification....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary