Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2008, 12:44 PM

488 posts, read 1,554,946 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if Traditions will have schools built into the neighborhood like Heritage does?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 02:03 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
I have not heard anything about schools. The only new school proposals I have heard for wake forest is the opening of heritage high school (2009) and a new elementary school that may be built next year in the northern part of wake forest. (school E25)

Leigh

Old 06-11-2008, 06:00 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Where exactly in Wake Forest is the Traditions Subdivision going to be located?

Old 06-11-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Where exactly in Wake Forest is the Traditions Subdivision going to be located?
Out near the reservoir. It's the new Ammons community...think Heritage but without the golf course. Here's some more info:

Quote:
Traditions will eventually expand to an 890-acre, mixed-use community roughly divided into four quadrants. At build-out, projected for 2020, Traditions will feature 900 single family homes, 300 multifamily homes and commercial areas in 11 smaller communities within three quadrants.
The fourth, northwest quadrant will be reserved for an older demographic, including both active adult and continuing care communities. Prices for the units range from $180,000s for multifamily family units to around $1 million for homes by the lake. A majority of work will be complete by 2015, with groundbreaking in 2009 and homeowners moving in by 2010.
The Ammonses expect about a third of the Tradition's new residents to come from within three or four miles of the development, with another third drawn from across the Triangle and the remaining third coming from other states.

Last edited by NCBoyMommy; 06-11-2008 at 06:39 AM..

Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Default Let me show you the world in my eyes

Are the plans for this community still on track given the turmoil in the real-estate market?

Knowing nothing about Traditions I’d like to see something truly progressive spring up. Instead of the usual Mc Mansions wouldn’t it be nice to see a builder return to ranch homes in the 1,500 to 1,800 square foot range? You know, true starter homes for young college grads or houses geared towards recent retirees. It’d also be excellent if the developer pushed to have super high speed Internet, something akin to Verizon’s Fios service, run to the community. This might help the Research Triangle’s quest to become the alternative to California's tech savvy Silicon Valley. If nothing else it could help lessen our dependence on foreign oil by giving everyone from accountants to software developers the sincere option of working from home, which is something I suspect our next president will pursue with vigor.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 PM

Yes Traditions is very much on track. It took them 10 years to get approval but it was granted last week and they are steamrolling foward. The plans look really impressive. I just want to make sure that they have land for schools built in. I didn't see that in the plans that I saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary