Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 08:03 PM

69 posts, read 260,350 times

Advertisements

I'm one of those Californians with a couple of days to try and find a house, or else do the double move and rent for awhile. I'd rather just buy and have much less stress. I'm trying to eliminate many of the homes on my list and was hoping others could share how they decided between North Raleigh (Leesville Road schools) and Cary or Apex. I'm leaning towards Cary or Apex because they seem closer to RTP, but that's the only reason. What other reasons are there for why either choice is a better one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 08:09 PM

38 posts, read 167,295 times
Look in Morrisville, too. There are some nice new communities there. We are moving in three weeks.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:56 AM

98 posts, read 637,285 times
adjacent to Cary / Apex is the Cameron Pond and Cary Park developments where you should be able to get good deals from developers who must be hurting with big inventories of unsold houses - depends on how much you have available to spend !!

we have just spent a few months making the same decision as yourself between North Raleigh and Cary, and as we have no compelling urgency we are having a custom home built in Cary rather than take up one of the 'deals' as it suits our particular circumstances to do so

Old 01-10-2007, 08:57 AM

693 posts, read 2,761,051 times
Are Cameron Pond and Cary Park actually in Cary? I looked up on the map and they seem so far off it's more like Morrisville or Durham.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:57 AM

653 posts, read 2,987,172 times
I wouldn't necessarily say that Cary or Apex is closer to RTP, especially with traffic. Both areas are desireable, with great schools, and a decent commute. Your decision really will come down to personal preference!

My suggestion would be to first drive through a couple neighborhoods that meet your specifications (size house/lot/age of home) and narrow down the area that way. Then start looking at specific houses. Exactly how many days are you in town?

Old 01-10-2007, 10:30 AM

842 posts, read 3,229,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
Are Cameron Pond and Cary Park actually in Cary? I looked up on the map and they seem so far off it's more like Morrisville or Durham.
Yes...these areas are within Cary city limits. Cary is HUGE...they're constantly annexing land. Not to long ago, they were even considering annexing portions of Chatham county, but met stiff resistance. I don't know if they succeeded.
I think it's safe to assume that all currently unincorporated land in western Wake county north of US-64 that currently isn't part of Apex and Morrisville will eventually be absorbed into Cary.
I'm trying to find a good map, but the best I could find is in here, on page 7...
http://www.townofcary.org/depts/dsdept/P&Z/landuseplan/chapter1.pdf (broken link)
From the land use plan, it appears that the goal would be to eventually incorporate everything east of Jordan Lake.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:56 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,008,315 times
Do be aware that Cameron Pond and Cary Park are in the noise ordinance for the airport. Before buying there go their at dusk just after it gets dark. PArk it and sit with you windows down. It changed our mind very quickly about buying there. We looked at several homes off Leesville Rd and homes that would place my kids at those schools. Came up empty handed as most of the homes needed extensive upgrading or else they backed up to or were on a busy corner of Leesville Rd which gets a ton of traffic. Out of what you metioned I would consider Apex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary