Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 01:44 PM

91 posts, read 455,773 times

Advertisements

Hi. My family and I are looking to move to North Carolina from NJ. We have heard it offers a better quality of life and better educational opportunities for our son, who's 5. We have been looking at the Apex area and are planning to visit. I am a soon to be teacher and my husband is in construction. Any information you could offer would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Gia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2006, 06:35 PM

14 posts, read 55,496 times
Talking Apex is a great place

Hi I live in Cary NC which is right nest to Apex .It is a great community . It is growing at a nice pace Has a really cute old fashioned downtown that has a few great reatuarants and shops . My children went to Apex schools and they are excellent. It is only a 20minute drive to Raleigh 15 minutes to Jordan Lake which is a nice recreational lke lake . Apex Has biking trails, walking trails and lots of friendly people and great subdivisions and still a little farmland. It is a grat choice I am considering downsizing since my children are grown but still live nearby, and moving to Apex. If I can help by sending you any information or links please let me know N Cray

Old 03-19-2006, 06:43 AM

Thanks for the info. Anything you can send would be helpful. My email is gdd04@msn.com. I guess what I have read is true. We definitely have to come take a look.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:07 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,704,931 times
We just moved to Apex from NJ last week. We really like the area! Traffic is a breeze compared to NJ and the people are so friendly. We haven't checked out all of Apex, but the part we live in looks fairly new. There are lots of stores and some very nice neighborhoods. Good luck with your move to NC. I don't think you can go wrong with Apex!

Old 03-20-2006, 07:33 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,567,050 times
Thanks for the plug holt4fam. I'm glad you like it here so far. Let me know if you need anything. Have you visited that cute old downtown area. It has a couple cute shops. Nice little walking downtown. They have a street fair I believe a couple times a year. Don't forget Lazy Days next in August in Cary. You'll love it. When I moved here I couldn't figure out what was so diffeent than Conneticut, and thats it-everything looks so new. Thats because of the growth. I think that is one thing that entices people to this area. Have lots of fun exploring.

Debbie

Old 03-21-2006, 06:57 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt4fam
We just moved to Apex from NJ last week. We really like the area! Traffic is a breeze compared to NJ and the people are so friendly. We haven't checked out all of Apex, but the part we live in looks fairly new. There are lots of stores and some very nice neighborhoods. Good luck with your move to NC. I don't think you can go wrong with Apex!
I am so happy to hear that. I can not wait to plan a visit.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:00 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,704,931 times
Hi Debbie,
We haven't had a chance to visit downtown Apex yet. Things have been so crazy with the move. Plus the closing on our house in NJ has been postponed. We were supposed to close last Tues., and have been told every day since then that it would happen the next day. Well, as of today we still haven't sold. There is some issue with the buyer's lender. Now we're stuck paying a mortgage in NJ and rent here in NC. OUCH! Hopefully this will be resolved soon!!! We did have a chance to spend the afternoon at Lake Jordan on Sunday. It's a beautiful area! Even though it was only in the 50's that day I managed to get a sunburn. We also drove to Pittsboro. It's a little too far out though for us to consider buying there. I think we'll stick closer to Raleigh. Do you know when the new interstate is supposed to be done? That looks like it will really improve commute times for many areas.
Thanks for your offer to help and for the info. you've provided. It's much appreciated!
Alex

Old 03-22-2006, 05:52 AM

Hi Alex,

Here is a link to the Department of Transportation. http://www.ncdot.org/
They have posted things on other sites with wrong dates so be careful. They even were projecting them wrong on the WRAL website. That always seems to be a mystery to all of us that live here. Sometimes your told one thing and that never happens. I guess we might find out when its really finished. I do have a few travel links for you in your private email. Have a wonderful day and I'm so glad your liking it here.

Debbie

Old 03-22-2006, 06:00 AM

Pittsborro is a ways out, and Jordan lake is really nice. Keep exploring there are so many nice areas in here. I am still finding them after 23 years. Thats what makes this area so nice to be in, there is always something new.

Take Care
Debbie

Old 04-05-2006, 12:29 AM

23 posts, read 112,365 times
My husband used to do quite a bit of work for DOT and my understanding is that the 540 bypass is postponed on that side of town indefinately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary