Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times

Advertisements

I got one from Rising sun pools. I would budget 22-30 to be able to swim with the pool, electrical, and concrete. Fence also if not already. If you have or will have kids you will use it alot. I dont like being half naked infront of the whole subdivision swimming and also most pools in a subdivision get overcrowded on the best days to the point where you cant swim. I would have bought a house with a pool if I could have found one. Many people stay in the house longer if they have the pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 01:26 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
We paid 4 times what everyone is saying for a nice pool with fencing , paver tile
decking ,waterfall, and retaining wall. Not sure if we got ripped off or it just costs more for the paver tiles,wall and waterfall.
We LOVE having kids and grandkids want to hang out here all summer.
Even if I am working from home I can take a break and swim awhile, and we enjoy the hot tub 4-5 times per week.
Alot of people have asked whether pools/hottubs really get used. Ours pool is used from May til Oct, and the hottub all year.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:11 PM

655 posts, read 916,826 times
I was sort of counting on a budget of around $15,000. I'm not interested in paying $30,000 for a pool. I guess a few of us will have to get together and approach the HOA about building one. For some reason they have never brought it up and I think they don't want one in here. The subdivision does have an area undeveloped that is considered a common area of the HOA. For some reason it just sits there undeveloped. I have always wondered why they don't seem to want a pool? I think some people fear noise and screaming kids playing at the pool next to their home?

Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
I was sort of counting on a budget of around $15,000. I'm not interested in paying $30,000 for a pool. I guess a few of us will have to get together and approach the HOA about building one. For some reason they have never brought it up and I think they don't want one in here. The subdivision does have an area undeveloped that is considered a common area of the HOA. For some reason it just sits there undeveloped. I have always wondered why they don't seem to want a pool? I think some people fear noise and screaming kids playing at the pool next to their home?
Are you talking about a backyard pool or one in the vacant lot??
You can call the local pool companies for free estimates. That is how we learned the pros and cons of the different type of pools.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 PM

30 posts, read 107,802 times
We finished our pool in March. We went with an in-ground pool concrete, stone coping, brick pavers, salt system, lights, heater,landscaping etc. I wouldn't change a thing.

We used Gress Inc. (427-2699) for the whole project. They did a great job. Depending on how much landscaping, decking etc, your costs will vary. We spent about 8K more for the concrete pool over the liner pool, but I dont' regret that at all!!

PM me if you'd like to see some before/after pictures.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
Default a little more

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
If you bought in the winter, you might be able to get say a 16*26 for 17k but thats just the pool without electrical and concrete or a fence. Maybe do one or more of those on your own or with helpers.

An addition of a pool to a hoa will cause lots $ in insurance and the construction itself. Also think about crowding, it can make some community pools unusable.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:47 AM

7 posts, read 179,100 times
Default don't know

but i do know you'll need a fence before it's operable..usually four foot high. Kg fencing was out here doing my neighbors and I hardly even know the pool is there. Check with your Hoa as to styles of fencing and if they allow privacy you neighbors won't even see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary