Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 09:15 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmithgolf2000 View Post
Abbington subdivision in Apex.
New inventory stuff in Abbington is starting in the $530,000 range list price.
Even with discounts, they will stress the OP's budget.

An "infill" home in the original section sold at $444,000 9 months ago.
Another in the New section sold at $489,000 in November.

The OP might be able to have a home built within budget, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 09:19 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,662,411 times
[quote=NewUser;4170567]I thought that Churchill Estates homes were "from the 500s". That usually means $599,999 for a stripper ;-)

Granted.. there is only one in Churchill right now for 480K. Nice too on .30 acre lot. Brighton Forest is very nice, but it is considered Fuquay - yet has West Lake schools. This would fit your budget and the lot sizes are consistently larger. Just take your time to find the right house. Keep scouting the area, as sometimes new homes aren't put on MLS right away.. if you can't find what you are looking for, then you may have to change your criteria somewhat.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:11 AM

114 posts, read 373,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmshill View Post
Can someone recommend a new subdivision with a pool that is around 375-475k in Apex or Cary (or Raleigh around holly springs rd etc). Oh and the big one is I have to have AT LEAST .2 acres! Yes, I know I am asking the impossible... I have to be able to walk in between the houses:>

I love West Lake but it's too far out. Harmony Glen subdivision is a little too cheap feeling.
I am not as familiar with the brand new subdivisions but there are plenty of choices if you are looking at resales in subdivisions with the last 5-10 years. Just around where I am there is Riggsbee Farms. Nice community pool. I know the Riggsbee homes typically have around .4 acres and a great location (although the houses are 6-10 years old). There are even one or two in Preston Village (again up to 10 years old but the lots are ofter .4 or .5).

There might be some new ones out in Amberly as well but I am not sure of lot size.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 AM

261 posts, read 1,216,488 times
Default WoodCreek might work for you...

Check out the new WoodCreek neighborhood in Holly Springs. Lots are .25 to third acre and wide so that you can have SIDE ENTRY three car garages. The homes have 4 br/3.5 baths, site finished hardwoods etc. Prices are $430's to just over $500. The builder is offering new neighborhood incentives.

The clubhouse and pool are underconstruction now. Clubhouse is antebellum style, 5000 sq. ft. with a fitness center, party/meeting rooms, full kitchen, out door gazebo with fireplace, and facilities for the pool. The pool is a huge four section water park with a lazy river and giant water slide. There will be two tennis courts, basketball court and kids playground. There is no initiation fee to join. The HOA fees are $850/yr, which covers everything.

Holly Springs is also building a new park adjacent to the neighborhood.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:37 PM

106 posts, read 403,355 times
Thanks everyone.

Here's the real dilema....we currently live in buckingham which is right on the cary/apex line. We have a little over 1 acre! Yes, the house is old but we have totally redone everything in it. So you might ask why we want to move....well, we have a 2 yr old and we need a pool community with other 2 yr olds running around! I stay at home and am feeling very isolated without other kids around. The other probelms with the house is storage. There is none. And also, we lack a bonus room which is bothering us...

Our house has sold 2xs before in 1 day so I am not worried about it selling BUT we need to find somewhere else to go! I just feel really "cramped" by the small yards and have no idea how we would fit our trampoline and swing set or where my son would play. We also moved from the Preserve at Jordan Lake which is the "perfect subdivison" except it lacks location. Hence the reason we are not willing to compromise location.

I think we will have to look in an older subdivision like Abbington or Scotts Mill and see if we can find something that isn't perfect but a nice compromise.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:05 PM

83 posts, read 335,598 times
One great thing about that area of Apex is there are lots of young families so you will definitely see plenty of 2 year olds running around. I should know since I have a couple myself.

Second, Kelly Road Park (Kidstowne) is an AWESOME park, and right up the street. Scotts Mill is great for walking and strolling, plus they have a playground (I think anyway).

Apex is great...yeah you don't get 0.5 acres, but that's the give about living in a subdivision. You can get a playset on 0.2 acres, or even less for that matter.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:15 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,984,591 times
So you haven't lived in this house long, if you moved from The Preserve at Jordan Lake (since it isn't that old). If you like your current location, but just need to find other SAHMs to hang out with and a pool, why don't you join Lifetime Fitness, which most people join just for the pool? And there is a mom's message board that we can't promote here anymore, but if you PM me, I can give you the web site. It's an area support group for moms and they have a ton of playdates, events, etc.

If you really have your heart set on moving, then I echo the others -- Abbington is great and there are a few houses for sale in there that meet your criteria.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:23 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMomof2 View Post
So you haven't lived in this house long, if you moved from The Preserve at Jordan Lake (since it isn't that old). If you like your current location, but just need to find other SAHMs to hang out with and a pool, why don't you join Lifetime Fitness, which most people join just for the pool? And there is a mom's message board that we can't promote here anymore, but if you PM me, I can give you the web site. It's an area support group for moms and they have a ton of playdates, events, etc.

If you really have your heart set on moving, then I echo the others -- Abbington is great and there are a few houses for sale in there that meet your criteria.
I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like a great piece of property--why give it up? The local YMCAs are also great and very family friendly. Their are also pools you can join (like Scottish Hills or Kildaire Farms). I like neighborhood pools, too. I'm just not sure it would be worth moving for one.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Heck. . . .just join the Cary YMCA right there on Holly Springs Rd for the pool and build yourself a detached garage for the storage That would be cheaper than moving again.

We have a 2-year old boy too, almost 3, so I understand your dilema. A few weeks ago I posted a question to this board about finding a nearby subdivision with a pool that we could join as non-residents. All my son has is a little inflatable pool from WalMart I feel sorry for the little guy.

We're expecting our 2nd child in a few months, so my wife will be a SAHM again for awhile. I really hope that she finds other moms to socialize with for both her sake and my son's sake.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:08 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Heck. . . .just join the Cary YMCA right there on Holly Springs Rd for the pool and build yourself a detached garage for the storage That would be cheaper than moving again.

We have a 2-year old boy too, almost 3, so I understand your dilema. A few weeks ago I posted a question to this board about finding a nearby subdivision with a pool that we could join as non-residents. All my son has is a little inflatable pool from WalMart I feel sorry for the little guy.

We're expecting our 2nd child in a few months, so my wife will be a SAHM again for awhile. I really hope that she finds other moms to socialize with for both her sake and my son's sake.
Isn't the Cary YMCA on YMCA drive right off Cary Parkway?

Anyways, I'd also suggest Abbington, or for or a more convenient and central Apex location, Haddon Hall. They are both established subdivisions that also have a few new homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary