Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:32 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,595,306 times

Advertisements

Well it's official, the Triangle area is under a winter weather advisory. There is sleet and snow in the forcast for tomorrow, with the temps. not expected to make it out of the 30's. The last time this happened was about 2 years ago in Jan. 2005 and it caused a traffic nightmare. If you haven't already been, go to food lion. Even if you don't need anything, you must go to food lion tonight and get supplies. It's the rule.

Last edited by just_sayin'; 01-17-2007 at 06:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 05:38 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed View Post
If you haven't already been, go to food lion. Even if you don't need anything, you must go to food lion tonight and get supplies. It's the rule.
Very funny i'minformed! I drove by Harris Teeter today on my way home and was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't any busier than usual. In Richmond, VA people would alwys freak out whenever there was even the slightest chance of snow. I am glad to see that does not appear to be the case here.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:40 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,671,364 times
Quote:
Well it's official, the Triangle area is under a winter weather advisory. There is sleet and snow in the forcast for tomorrow, with the temps. not expected to make it out of the 30's. The last time this happened was almost 2 years ago in Jan. 15 and it caused a traffic nightmare. If you haven't already been, go to food lion. Even if you don't need anything, you must go to food lion tonight and get supplies. It's the rule.
Oh yes, your presence is required at the local grocery, attendance is taken and there will be a test. lol!

I hope it either gets messy early or not at all. I've told my daughter to take a water bottle or two and small snacks to school tomorrow, because if it gets that bad again, there is no way I will be able to go get her downtown this year like I was able to get her from elementary (which was a half mile from our house!)

Old 01-17-2007, 06:04 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,595,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Very funny i'minformed! I drove by Harris Teeter today on my way home and was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't any busier than usual. In Richmond, VA people would alwys freak out whenever there was even the slightest chance of snow. I am glad to see that does not appear to be the case here.

that's because HT is ridiculously overpriced..... check out a food lion.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:32 PM

37 posts, read 109,963 times
Quote:
that's because HT is ridiculously overpriced..... check out a food lion.
You also probably have a minnimum wage Job.Food kitty is a joke! Are you kidding me.You get what you pay for!!

Old 01-17-2007, 06:44 PM

607 posts, read 2,431,952 times
Thumbs down Rude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroadagain View Post
You also probably have a minnimum wage Job.Food kitty is a joke! Are you kidding me.You get what you pay for!!
I hope you are joking. That was kind of a rude thing to say, don't you?? Are you a native NC??? That doesn't seem like something they would say. NC don't seem to be snobbish in the least.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:50 PM

40 posts, read 142,237 times
That would explain why Lowe's was so busy. I moved here from Utah so this is nothing. Nothing closes down out there. Anyway, I'm glad I followed the NC food run rule before the storm even though I was just doing my shopping. It was really packed, milk was all gone (at least the organic stuff). So HURRY UP!!!

Old 01-17-2007, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,933 times
I agree, that was a kinda rude thing to say. Don't get upset!!! There is nothing wrong with Food Lion. Where I live there is only an Ingles, a Food Lion and "Wally World" Super Center. Whenever we have even a hint of bad weather, there is an instant rush for bread and milk. I have been in NC for almost 30 years and it is always the same. OTRA must be from out of state. You go for it. Head straight out to your local F.L and knock yourself out. Just be safe.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroadagain View Post
Isn't that the truth....Every Food Lion I've been in has horrid quality meats, limited bakery/deli options and no seafood.

HT can be a bit high for basics I will admit, (hello Costco!) but you can't quibble with the quality and selection.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
I hope you are joking. That was kind of a rude thing to say, don't you?? Are you a native NC??? That doesn't seem like something they would say. NC don't seem to be snobbish in the least.
Oh please....native NC folk are human...and can be just as class conscience and snobby as anyone else.

I thought the other posters snide comment about Harris Teeter to be rather more rude......so they don't like the store....others find it a value for the quality.

Last edited by Desdemona123; 01-17-2007 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: edited for a typo only
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary