Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 04:53 PM

550 posts, read 1,487,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarshall View Post
I knew it. Another white Apex teen. You can tell they are all up to no good just by looking at them. If we could find a way to get rid of them, we'd all be safer.
Freakin' white people! We should put them all on a boat and ship them back to England!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 04:57 PM

331 posts, read 1,311,466 times
Wow again I am surprised at the amount of people on this forum who think that the age/gender/sex has anything to do with the amount of crime or the type of crime being committed. I find this way of thinking very ignorant and very sad.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:17 PM

39 posts, read 128,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1961 View Post
Wow again I am surprised at the amount of people on this forum who think that the age/gender/sex has anything to do with the amount of crime or the type of crime being committed. I find this way of thinking very ignorant and very sad.
No, you are wrong. Crime is mainly committed by men, and by the relatively young.

Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-28-2008, 05:24 PM
MEM

123 posts, read 405,904 times
OMG, I just read the article. How terrifying for that poor woman and her husband.

I am happy to learn that a driver saw the attack and intervened (albeit a little too late) but held the guy until the police arrived. I know people usually don't like to get involved but this guy did and now the person is in jail.

What then made me sad is that of course the mother said her son is not a bad kid. Ummmm...no... assault and rape aren't bad. And he has many prior convictions of other crimes. Nope! He's just great!

Old 09-28-2008, 05:41 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM View Post
OMG, I just read the article. How terrifying for that poor woman and her husband.

I am happy to learn that a driver saw the attack and intervened (albeit a little too late) but held the guy until the police arrived. I know people usually don't like to get involved but this guy did and now the person is in jail.

What then made me sad is that of course the mother said her son is not a bad kid. Ummmm...no... assault and rape aren't bad. And he has many prior convictions of other crimes. Nope! He's just great!
I agree. A mother's love is blind, sad, but the mother is a victim here too. Her son will likely get life in the slammer and rightfully so.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Default moderator note:

please post links to stories that are documented with facts in the news or it could be consider gossip or hear say

Old 09-28-2008, 05:48 PM

76 posts, read 195,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
please post links to stories that are documented with facts in the news or it could be consider gossip or hear say

Cary police: Teen left party, broke into house, raped woman :: WRAL.com

Old 09-28-2008, 06:07 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,757 times
My prayers are with the woman and her husband.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:44 PM

560 posts, read 1,549,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
he was a white guy. FYI Sorry he could not be Latino, I know it is a bit of a letdown.
Just an FYI...there are some latinos who look and are white! If you saw my boyfriend you will think he is white, but he is not. He is Venezuelan and is latino. So many people mistake him for a white guy and they are taken aback when they talk to him and realixe he speaks very little english. I think you know that Venezuelans (some of them) are spanish from Spain and Spain is in Europe so they are white. Just an FYI since I had the same reaction when I met him and he told me he's Venezuelan because I thought all latinos look like Mexicans or Puerto Ricans we see here in the US.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:38 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1961 View Post
Huh??? How many rapes are committed by females?????
Think before you write!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary