Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:10 PM

22 posts, read 90,397 times

Advertisements

Hi folks. I'm a new user here and another NYer looking to relocate to your wonderful area. My husband and I were down there in August looking at houses(we're not actually ready to move yet, he's waiting to find a job). The realtor took us to a few places but we really liked the houses in Crescent Ridge in Wake Forest and was wondering if anyone else here has seen it or lives in it or had any general info about it. Like I said, we're not moving yet but I am just curious because I have seen lots of other subdivisions mentioned here but not this one. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. I must say that I have been lurking here for a while and have gained lots of valuable info from reading all your posts. I think there's better info here than anywhere else on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 02:30 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
I really like Crescent Ridge, but my wife won't consent to living "out in the boonies", as she calls it. We've visited the subdivision a few times and looked through a house or two, but never took it any farther than that. It's about a 10 mile drive east to Wake Forest, or a 10 mile drive south to Raleigh, and she wants shopping opportunities to be closer than that.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:52 PM

We didn't have time to drive around to the nearest shopping and stuff so I really had/have no idea where it is in relation to everything. I was told that food shopping, etc was only a 10 minute drive from there. I liked the area because it did seem to be in the "boonies". We're pretty tired of living on top of our neighbors here and are looking to be a little more distant. What we liked about the subdivision is that you had neighbors yet you also had a good amount of land that you're not on top of one another.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:28 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I sold a home out there about 2 years ago. My clients originally didn't want to live "way out there" either. However, with the beautiful house and the acre lot, it was hard to find anything any closer in to Wake Forest or North Raleigh. We finally figured out that it was about a 10 to 15 min. drive to Target and the major grocery stores. There is a small "country store" close by if you need a quick trip for milk or bread or diapers.

I stay in contact with my clients and about a month ago, my client called to tell me how much she enjoyed something I had sent to her. She mentioned that she has loved the neighborhood more than she ever dreamed. The people are friendly, she has 2 kids and they play with other kids, etc., etc.

Vicki

Old 02-12-2007, 05:27 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
I think because I live in wake forest, near crescent ridge (on the west side of town) I don't feel like it is "way out there!". It is probably 2 miles from me, and it takes me about 7 minutes to get to the grocery store, and 10 minutes to get to target, etc. We picked this side of town for the access to RTP (where my husband works). There is a great park close by (off of six forks road) and wonderful access to falls lake. I do like the neighborhood. The west side of wake forest allows many people to get more land (an acre) and because we are outside of the city limits, the taxes are lower.

I probably felt more isolated in the area before I knew where I was going and had friends in wake forest! But, I rarely have to go outside of wake forest for things, and I have found it quite accessible.

Anyhow, PM me if you have more questions. There are a couple of neighborhoods (new construction) in the same range as crescent ridge.

Leigh

Old 02-13-2007, 05:45 AM

Wow, thanks for the info! Right now I drive about 15 mins to buy groceries so that's not a big deal. It sounds more and more that this part of Wake Forest will be good for us too. My husband right now works from home and we are hoping he'd be in the same situation when we move but in the event that he'd have to commute to RTP or Raleigh we want to live somewhere that's a convenient ride, especially to the airport since he does do some travel. He's willing to drive up to 40 mins. Also when we were driving around WF we did notice the recreation areas and that really appealed to us since we like to hike and picnic. After some research I found out that it's the Falls Lake Rec. Area and it looks beautiful so we really do want to live near that. It seems the area for our relocation has been narrowed down. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,674 times
Default Love Crescent Ridge

My family and I moved to the Crescent Ridge subdivision in Wake Forest last September and we love it here. We moved from Northern Virginia, a very congested area, and love the space here (lots are at least .90 acres) but still get the neighborhood feel. Neighbors here are wonderful, and there is a lot of interaction. And there are at least 3 of the 6 or 7 custom builders who actually live here too. That's a nice testament to the subdivision. I was used to being 5 minutes from all shopping in Northern Virginia (in theory -- although with traffic, going 5 miles could take 20 minutes!) but have adjusted well here. 15 - 20 minutes to major shopping and not much traffic at all! The Crescent Ridge area is in a watershed protection area (designed to protect Falls Lake) which means that there won't be a lot of additional development in the future. And lots must be large and keep a lot of trees as well so it will never look like Cary with its carbon copy houses on postage stamp sized lots.

Hope this has been helpful. Good luck with your move and home search!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the reply! I had forgotten that I even posted this. As it turns out we have just sold our house in NY. We are waiting to sign the contract and as soon as we do we're driving down to house shop. I would love to live in Crescent Ridge but there aren't any houses listed there that meet our criteria. Fortunately we are working with an agent friend in the area who is very helpful in narrowing down our search areas. There are a few homes in Barton's Creek Bluffs that look nice and would provide an easy commute to the airport, which is a priority for my husband. We are primarily searching in Wake Forest(western part), North Raleigh, Western and SW Wake County. I am very excited to finally be coming down!

Ilissa

Old 07-17-2007, 08:26 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
We looked at Barton's Creek Bluffs also, and liked the neighborhood. We did have one concern that knocked it off our list though. . . . and you already mentioned it as a bonus, so I don't think it will be an issue. . . . . . aircraft noise. We visited the neighborhood a few times and walked around. Normally the airplanes are fairly high up and their noise is not that noticeable. However, one day we visited and it was cloudy and drizzly with low cloud cover and the airplanes came in pretty low to get under the weather. The noise was annoying.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:35 AM

53 posts, read 169,829 times
My realtor took us to just about every community in Wake Forest and every one was beautiful. That was a very nice community. We went with Heritage because we have young children and wanted a pool community. But wherever you go in Wake Forest....you will be happy!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie'smama View Post
Hi folks. I'm a new user here and another NYer looking to relocate to your wonderful area. My husband and I were down there in August looking at houses(we're not actually ready to move yet, he's waiting to find a job). The realtor took us to a few places but we really liked the houses in Crescent Ridge in Wake Forest and was wondering if anyone else here has seen it or lives in it or had any general info about it. Like I said, we're not moving yet but I am just curious because I have seen lots of other subdivisions mentioned here but not this one. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. I must say that I have been lurking here for a while and have gained lots of valuable info from reading all your posts. I think there's better info here than anywhere else on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary