Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:33 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
Seeing the size of the Utility poles that are being installed along 540 close to NC55 was a shock. I feel sorry for the people in Cameron Pond who will not only be blighted by the 540 extension, but even more so by having such monstrous electricity pylons running through their neighborhood as well.
I can't recall reading anything about the utility works but with all the health issues associated with overhead power cables I would be seriously concerned if it was in my backyard.

What a 'blot on the landscape' both 540 and the utility wires will be - you think they would run the cables underground when adjacent to major housing developments

Those things are awful. I have never seen anything like them. Are those for 540? Are they going to build the road now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 11:23 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,863,564 times
Default Blot on the cary landscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Those things are awful. I have never seen anything like them. Are those for 540? Are they going to build the road now?
I can't believe how close to the homes at Cameron Park they have erected these huge utility poles - there is even one right above the Pool and Childrens Playground area
At least with the highway it is possible to plant tree's to hide but these monsters are impossible to screen. I feel sorry for anyone homeowners affected by this ugly intrusion

Old 03-29-2009, 12:21 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
I can't believe how close to the homes at Cameron Park they have erected these huge utility poles - there is even one right above the Pool and Childrens Playground area
At least with the highway it is possible to plant tree's to hide but these monsters are impossible to screen. I feel sorry for anyone homeowners affected by this ugly intrusion
We just noticed that yesterday. We were absolutely shocked. Imagine buying one of those homes not knowing that was going to happen like that and now that is your view.

Those poor folks are going to lose on their investment, IMO.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,926 times
how close will the tollroad be to ashley woods development

Old 05-16-2009, 10:56 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyam1000 View Post
how close will the tollroad be to ashley woods development
Looking at the Google map below, if you scroll down from Ashley Woods, you will see Pulte's Harmony subdivision's grading work. (The map is outdated.)

540 will be out west of Harmony, so you can get an idea how near it will be to Ashley Woods.
I think NC 55 has as much or more impact as you can expect from 540.

Caraway Ln, Cary, NC 27519, USA - Google Maps

Old 05-16-2009, 12:00 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,863,564 times
Default Copperleaf Interactive Aerial Map of West Cary / 540 route

the attached interactive aerial map from the Copperleaf development gives a great perspective of the proposed 540 extension along with the proposed interchanges - hope you find it helpful

Copperleaf - Aerial View (http://www.copperleaf-cary.com/aerial.html - broken link)

Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,571 times
how close does the 540 come to bellmont community?is it a goo idea to buy a home there,while having 540 in the backyard?

Old 06-15-2011, 11:01 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Well, you can see where it's going in just to the right of Bellemont on this map. There's a little bit of a buffer, but you'd be awfully close.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:21 AM

379 posts, read 959,043 times
Those powerlines will continue to border NC540, on the opposite side they span now, re-starting from the sub-station, and traverse all the way to the Shearon Harris plant. At some point, they do pull away from NC540 & cut across, however I do not know exactly where that happens. It's been some time since I laid my eyes on that map.

The Town of Cary had to give an easement behind Thomas Brooks Park. Additional easements are located behind Mills Park MS & ES too. Across from Highcroft as well.

Last edited by Carmela C; 06-16-2011 at 06:49 AM..

Old 05-08-2020, 02:34 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whackazach View Post
If you're looking to buy some cheap rental property Ashley Woods over in West Cary is a great place. All the older owners are retiring and moving out and they haven't fixed their houses up since they were built so their dirt cheap and you can just paint and rent real fast. The neighborhood is a great rental location since the HOA is a no-show and is already in transition to a rental hood. There are some issues with the traffic and noise and smalltime crime but if you're not living there, just renting, thats fine. I converted my old house there to a rental and just bought another one at a great price. Got another lined up. Their dropping like flies over here!
Why does this read like a how to guide to being a slum-lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary