Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:13 AM

316 posts, read 1,006,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Although I have not been to this particular address, every time I hear Capital Blvd this is the sort of thing that comes to mind. I always try to avoid Capitol Blvd for many reasons. Not good!
This is not the Mini City area....This is a VERY safe area in a higher economic level area. This is why people have been taken aback that it happened there. Have you been to this area ever?

As others have said, Capital is a looooong road...for peopel in Wake Forest and Wakefield to avoid it would be silly and near impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 08:18 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,436,565 times
My daughter was at the marquee cinema when this happened. Imagine coming to the movie theatre to pick up your child, and seeing the area roped off as a crime scene - 15 or so Raleigh police officers AND Wake Forest police officers... surrounding the whole area.... knowing your kid was IN THE MOVIES.... I can't even explain how it felt...

Around 10:00, the suspect attempted robbery at the box office.

It appears the manager resisted and the suspect pulled a gun and FIRED.

The officers chose to not evacuate the theatres, but had the patrons exit from the side door when their movie was completed.

This came from a police officer.

The suspect (s) are at large..

My daughter and her friends said they never want to go there again.

Last edited by weluvwakeforest; 10-25-2008 at 08:31 AM..

Old 10-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeisnotmyname View Post
This is not the Mini City area....This is a VERY safe area in a higher economic level area. This is why people have been taken aback that it happened there. Have you been to this area ever?

As others have said, Capital is a looooong road...for peopel in Wake Forest and Wakefield to avoid it would be silly and near impossible.
Thats my concern.. when times get tough, crime follows money.
It doesn't take too long at all to get from Mini City to Wakefield - later in the evenings when the traffic is light.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelark View Post
Not too many of the forums for other cities have folks so willing to post every illegal incident that occurs. Although in this case it is by someone who isn't even from the city mentioned. Trying to make Wake Forest more appealing by running Raleigh down.. me thinks.
The marquee cinema has a Raleigh address.

The other side of Capital Blvd. has a Wake Forest address.

The whole area around Wakefield is Raleigh.

Even my husband had to remind himself.... Wakefield has a Raleigh address.. not Wake Forest.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:40 AM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,121 times
Default "carry heat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Yeah, I think the situation is overblown. But, I'm glad to see the concealed carry classes at the Wake County Firearms Education/Training are bustling with new folks eager to earn their right to carry heat.
Yeah, that will be awesome - more people with guns. Maybe we can all get caught in the crossfire when someone tries to be a hero at the Wakefield movie theater full of teenagers.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:47 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,088,118 times
Default Being a hero is not in his job description

The biggest mistake the manager made was resisting the demands of the robber. Lives are much more important than money.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:50 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,968,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
Yeah, that will be awesome - more people with guns. Maybe we can all get caught in the crossfire when someone tries to be a hero at the Wakefield movie theater full of teenagers.
I think the odds of many people having concealed firearms in that theatre would be very low. Often times in these cases, it's just one person who is ready and willing to use their firearm, usually at close range and trained enough to avoid situations where innocents are hurt/killed. Also, consider the perp's thought process. Assuming he wasn't insane, might they think that "robbing someone isn't worth risking my life over"?

Old 10-25-2008, 08:53 AM

90 posts, read 304,863 times
There has, is and will always be incidents everywhere. I went to see a movie Wednesday night and I'll be back there will my young children to see a kids movie next weekend. -- peace..

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-25-2008 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: discuss topics & not the members

Old 10-25-2008, 09:02 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,279,805 times
[/font]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I think the odds of many people having concealed firearms in that theatre would be very low. Often times in these cases, it's just one person who is ready and willing to use their firearm, usually at close range and trained enough to avoid situations where innocents are hurt/killed. Also, consider the perp's thought process. Assuming he wasn't insane, might they think that "robbing someone isn't worth risking my life over"?
I think you've watched too many Chuck Norris Delta Force movies!

Link: "I don't need to be careful, I've got a gun!"

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 10-25-2008 at 09:10 AM..

Old 10-25-2008, 09:11 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,279,805 times
I go to this theater all the time. This random act of violence wouln't stop me from going there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary