Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:16 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago I posted a thread looking for houses with cedar shake siding in the triangle. A few people pointed out that there were some neighborhoods with homes that have cedar shakes on their roof. Today I happened upon just such a neighborhood in Wake Forest called Crenshaw Manor. I think this look is very unique and wanted to share it with others who may be interested in homes with such a unique look. I actually had a difficult time taking pictures in this neighborhood because unlike other areas, there were quite a few trees in the front yards obstructing views of the homes. These pictures were taken on 2/21/07.

Entrance to Crenshaw Manor off Old NC 98 in Wake Forest

Pictures of Various Homes ~ Love those cedar shake roofs!

View Looking Down The Street

Looks Like This Homeowner matched his shutters with the NCSU Flag!

More Homes

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 10:50 AM

607 posts, read 2,431,593 times
Wow I love those homes. I like the red shutters, kinda shows some moxy.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:13 AM

311 posts, read 888,016 times
Default Other options for shake siding

Glad you liked my neighborhood - well, actually I live on the other side (newer houses, less trees). We loved the look of cedar shingles and were delighted to find that you can get them in HardiPlank. You can paint them whatever color you'd like and they last for a nice long time. I'll admit that they aren't exactly comparable, but it's another option. Thanks for posting the pictures - we love Crenshaw Manor!

(ps: the pictures were taken the afternoon before "trash day" so that's why there are a handful of trash carts on the street. I love Wake Forest b/c they provide you with a rolling recycling bin (and they collect it every week)! I used to hate recycling day, lugging the big green bin to the street!)

Last edited by Jules_NC; 02-21-2007 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: forgot something!

Old 02-21-2007, 12:54 PM

54 posts, read 359,075 times
Trees! What is the price range of this neighborhood?

Old 02-21-2007, 01:13 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Toes View Post
Trees! What is the price range of this neighborhood?
Around the 450ks and up....up....up.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_NC View Post
Glad you liked my neighborhood - well, actually I live on the other side (newer houses, less trees). We loved the look of cedar shingles and were delighted to find that you can get them in HardiPlank. You can paint them whatever color you'd like and they last for a nice long time. I'll admit that they aren't exactly comparable, but it's another option. Thanks for posting the pictures - we love Crenshaw Manor!

(ps: the pictures were taken the afternoon before "trash day" so that's why there are a handful of trash carts on the street. I love Wake Forest b/c they provide you with a rolling recycling bin (and they collect it every week)! I used to hate recycling day, lugging the big green bin to the street!)
That's too funny. I always wonder if I am going to take pics the actual house of someone on this board. By the way, I realized it must be garbage day and I was wondering if someone was going to point that out! No matter what price range you are in.....you still have to put out the trash!

Old 02-21-2007, 06:27 PM

122 posts, read 488,414 times
Thank you Raleigh Guy. I love this neighborhood and these photo's provide a good sense of how it is laid out.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:25 PM

359 posts, read 1,838,693 times
North Raleigh Guy = our virtual eyes

Old 02-22-2007, 07:04 AM

311 posts, read 888,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
By the way, I realized it must be garbage day and I was wondering if someone was going to point that out! No matter what price range you are in.....you still have to put out the trash!
LOL - very true, very true

Old 02-22-2007, 11:50 AM

306 posts, read 1,192,695 times
Awesome homes NRG - I love this neighborhood. You look at each house and it looks like it is just surrounded by trees and no neighbors and then you look at the street and see the neighbors are just on the other side of the trees. Incredible planning from the developer - we need more developers like this. Now if I could afford to live there it would be wonderful!! Char
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary